V6II on Xpro2 transmitting to Godox TT685s

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help me with these few questions;

1.Trying to find out what I need to fire 2 Godox TT685s (sony shoe) from my Fuji xpro2. Can I use a V6II (canon shoe) to fire my Godox sony flash attached to V6IIs's? 

2. Or could the V6II's all be non-sony but connected to my Godix TT685 with sync port? Not sure if sync port transmit HSS/TTL info.

3. Or should I just attach a Godox Transmitter (XT1) on top of the V6II on my Xpro2 and the Xt1 will take care of relaying the info to the Sony flashes?

Thanks

J

Comments

• Sony flashes mounted on V6 IIs (Sony version) can only be triggered by a Sony camera (with V6 IIs as TX). A V6 II mounted on your Fujifilm cannot trigger it directly.  So Method 1 is not going to work.

Method 2, sync port won't give you HSS.

Method 3, not sure about this.

In any case, Sony flash can only be triggered by a Sony camera.

Out of curiousity, why would you have Sony flashes?  You recently switched over from the Sony camp to Fujifilm? :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • ok, thank you. Will have to try method 3. 

I have been shooting Sony for a few years.. guess I was one of the early switchers. They suit me because I do 60% photo and 40% video. But recently, I tried and bought an xpro2 as a travel camera... Turns out I prefer the fuji for photography. Fast forward 4 months and I have now 9k invested in the Fuji but still no solution for TTL/HSS.

I have the Godox AD600II which isn't a "Sony" flash but I guess it needs to receive instructions from its own trigger to know what to do...

Thanks
  • edited September 2016

I have the Godox AD600II which isn't a "Sony" flash but I guess it needs to receive instructions from its own trigger to know what to do...

For the AD600II, you can actually just connect a V6 II transceiver (set to RX mode) via a 3.5mm sync cable. Just switch on the HSS mode on the AD600ii, and despite the V6 II will "recognize" the strobe as MANUAL flash, HSS is still going to work - firing a long pulsing flash.  You just won't have control over its power output on the V6 II. But you can do that on the Godox remote holding in your hand / pocket.

Here's a video using the Jinbei HD600, which also has HSS built-in the
    strobe, so it shares a similar connection setup:

As for your switch from Sony, that does seems to be the case, people are using iit for video. And interestingly Fujifilm is trying to step into the video arena with the X-T2, but imo it's probably gonna take a couple years before they can really nail it.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.