Fujifilm X-T2 Compatibility with Cactus V6 II to support HSS (Now Supported! v.1.1.005)

Comments

• Antonio,

That use to be the case, but with the xp2 and I'm sure the xt2 you can fire the flash in burst mode.

Cheers,
    Migel
  • hello,
    i am trying to get my hands on the beta firmware to test it out with my xt-2. i haven't gotten any response from the cactus website yet, so would anyone here be so kind and send me the beta firmware?

thank you so much in advance,

best wishes,

karim
  • hey there...

i have downloaded the beat firmware and successfully installled it, but i cannot get it to work at all in his with my xt-2 and profoto b1. please help... i have also installed the latest firmware on the profoto flash but that doesn't seem to solve the problem..

best wishes!!

• edited October 2016
    For those who are having problems getting the beta version, if you could wait until the weekend, we plan on releasing the firmware on Friday as most of the bugs have been fixed already.

We are not 100% there yet, as we still need the EF-X500 flash in our hands to complete the compatibility study. But at least for now, we are able to offer a workaround for the latest Fujifilm cameras / firmware version.

Thank you all for posting your comments and bug reports!
  • We released it, version 1.1.005.
    hey there...

i have downloaded the beat firmware and successfully installled it, but i cannot get it to work at all in his with my xt-2 and profoto b1. please help... i have also installed the latest firmware on the profoto flash but that doesn't seem to solve the problem..

best wishes!!

HI Karim, make sure you go through the standard Fujifilm setup proceures:
    1. Let the V6 II auto-detect your camera  (removing metal spring plate helps)
    2. LEARN HSS, taking a shot above x-sync, such as 1/1000s.
    3. Turn ON "Forced HSS for Fujifilm" by pushing in the Selection Dial.
    As for your Profoto B1, how are you setting it up?
    • Are you connecting a V6 II RX to the B1 via a sync cord? FYI the B1 has a 3.5mm port.
    • You need to turn on HSS by selecting the High Speed option on the Air Remote.
    • Alternatively you could mount the Air Remote on a V6 II RX unit. However our recommended method is to plug the V6 II RX directly to the B1.

Please have a go and see if the new 1.1.005 is working with your X-Pro2 and X-T2.

A big Thank you to all that who helped with testing the beta firmware versions. Please do not hesitate to report any weird things you notice and we will try our best to fix them.

Thanks!!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio,

In respect to the new production FW 1.1.005, I have tested with X-Pro2 (FW 2.0), 2 Cactus V6II and 2 Yongnuo YN568EX.

I found with off camera flash triggered by a TX to RX V6II, the system worked as expected, flawless.

However, when a speedlight was fixed on camera (on top on V6II) forced HSS did not function properly (banding on image).

Also when speedlight was on camera (on top of V6II) the speedlight would not turn off (I had to quickly turn the V6II off and on and then I had control over the speedlight on/off button).

I haven't tested with Nissin i40 yet, but will in the next week.

Cheers,
    Migel
  • Hello,

I have the beta firmware 109 and it won't detect my X-t2 as fujifilm ... I have try to press half with no luck.

It's detected as auto (others)

The problem is following I have a Jinbei HD600V.

I can fire the flash, but when I switch "forced HSS ON" the flash doesn't fire anymore.

Thanks in advance for quick help.

Have a nice day.
    That's my fault I was not removing the hotshoe plate ... it's working perfectly now.

Have a nice day.
  • ... when a speedlight was fixed on camera (on top on V6II) forced HSS did not function properly (banding on image).
    HI Miguel, I tried a MG8000 (Canon) on an X-E1 and it works.

Remember to ...
    1. First switch on the flash, set it to TTL
    2. Then switch on the camera
    3. And lastly swtich on the V6 II. It will auto-detect both the camera and the on-camera flash.
    Try and see if that start-up procedure works.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 

• That's my fault I was not removing the hotshoe plate ... it's working perfectly now.

Have a nice day.
    Thanks for the update, @darkshrine231.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• edited November 2016

Hi Antonio,

I confirm, after testing again, I ended up with the same result.  Forced HSS with on camera flash (on top of V6II) was unsuccessfull.  

V6II auto detect camera and flash was all good displaying "F" for Fuji and "N" for the Yongnuo YN568EX (Nikon).  

Forced HSS enabled and at 1/1000 banding was present.

Hot shoe plate was also removed.

I don't have another HSS capable flash to test with so if someone else that has the same set-up as me and could conduct the same test that would be GREAT! 

If SO chime in with the results we can confirm the issue as isolated or a FW issue.

Cheers,
    Migel
  • Thanks Migel,

For some reason we could replicate the same problem on a couple of our units but not others, all running on 1.1.005. This problem will be fixed on the next firmware version - we will try to release it as soon as we can.

Your patience during this time is much appreciated.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Thanks Migel,

For some reason we could replicate the same problem on a couple of our units but not others, all running on 1.1.005. This problem will be fixed on the next firmware version - we will try to release it as soon as we can.

Your patience during this time is much appreciated.
    Many Thanks Antonio!  Cheers and have a great weekend.
  • Updated to V1.1.005
     XT-2 and Fuji EF-42 / Nissan a60i TTL pass through not working error "TTL DO NOT MATCH"

• I'm getting the missing .dll also. I've made sure to delete the old version before installing this latest update. Anyone available to help? I have some free time today and trying to test the HSS out with my X-T2 :)
  • NVM, I ended up using the mac version and i was able to update the firmware with no issues.
  • Help me please.... myCactus V6 II (the newest firmware) couldn't work with Profoto D1 500 air/the old ones. So anyones here has the same problem??? Thanks for the solution...
  • Help me please.... myCactus V6 II (the newest firmware) couldn't work with Profoto D1 500 air/the old ones. So anyones here has the same problem??? Thanks for the solution...
    Hi @ronron, just to make sure, are you connecting the V6 II to the D1 via sync cable? And it worked on the previous firmware but not the new one? 

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• fujifilm X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition FW. Ver.5.00 to Compatibility with the Shoe Mount Flash EF-X500

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/fw_table.html
  • edited November 2016
    Has anyone tried using the V6II with the CAnon 600EX-RT flashes and the Fujifilm X-T2/ X-Pro 2 ? I have updated my triggers to the newest firmware and the forced HSS doesnt seem to be working with the Canon 600EX flash.

Setup
    Fuji X-T2 (running firmware v1.0) w/ V6 II on top ( no flash in hotshoe) - setup Forced HSS
    Fuji X-Pro 2 (running firmware v2.01)

Canon 600EX-Rt - Set to TTL per instructions
    V6II - auto recognize (shows as Canon)

Any tips or suggestions appreciated!

Scott
  • We released it, version 1.1.005.
    hey there...

best wishes!!

HI Karim, make sure you go through the standard Fujifilm setup proceures:
    1. Let the V6 II auto-detect your camera  (removing metal spring plate helps)
    2. LEARN HSS, taking a shot above x-sync, such as 1/1000s.
    3. Turn ON "Forced HSS for Fujifilm" by pushing in the Selection Dial.
    As for your Profoto B1, how are you setting it up?
    • Are you connecting a V6 II RX to the B1 via a sync cord? FYI the B1 has a 3.5mm port.
    • You need to turn on HSS by selecting the High Speed option on the Air Remote.
    • Alternatively you could mount the Air Remote on a V6 II RX unit. However our recommended method is to plug the V6 II RX directly to the B1.

Please have a go and see if the new 1.1.005 is working with your X-Pro2 and X-T2.

A big Thank you to all that who helped with testing the beta firmware versions. Please do not hesitate to report any weird things you notice and we will try our best to fix them.

Thanks!!

• hello there again..
    i have tried every scenario possible but i still cannot get the profoto b1 to work with the cactus v6 2 and my fuji xt2 . all with the newest firmware..
    please help !!!

• Hi All,

This seems like a really stupid question but I can't get the X-T2 to fire RF60 in HSS.
    • I have not removed the spring plate (is this a key requirement?)
    • I have updated the firmware to the latest version for both V6 ii and RF60

Can someone bullet out the steps to fire the RF60 remotely from the V6 ii mounted on the X-T2 when the X-T2 is set to a fast shutter speed e.g 1/2000 of a second just to make sure I am not missing a step. When I try the flash simply does not fire or fires but not synced (so I get partial light or a curtain effect)

Thanks

• I worked it out... :) 

Removing the Spring Plate certainly seemed to help as well as ensuring the Firmware was correctly installed with the latest version. I also found setting the operating Radio Range to short helped consistency when testing the setting...

Help me please.... myCactus V6 II (the newest firmware) couldn't work with Profoto D1 500 air/the old ones. So anyones here has the same problem??? Thanks for the solution...
    Hi @ronron, just to make sure, are you connecting the V6 II to the D1 via sync cable? And it worked on the previous firmware but not the new one? 

Thank you.

NOW IT WORKS ON THE NEW FIRMWARE WITH AIR REMOTE ATTACHED DIRECTLY INTO V6 II HOT SHOE, THANKS TO REMOVING SPRING X-T2 HOTSHOE. NOTE: IT HAS TO TIGHTEN N WELL ATTACHED TO X-T2 FOR THE V6 II COZ SOMETIMES HSS UNSTABLE/COULDN'T WORK PROPERLY. JUST MAKE SURE THE ATTACHEMENT, THANKS
  • I worked it out... :) 

Removing the Spring Plate certainly seemed to help as well as ensuring the Firmware was correctly installed with the latest version. I also found setting the operating Radio Range to short helped consistency when testing the setting...

Thanks for the update and posting it on your blog.  Thumbs up!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• @ronron so it's finally working on your X-T2 and D1 500?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• @ronron so it's finally working on your X-T2 and D1 500?
    yes!!! it works fine... can't wait to make more good examples hehe...
  • Finally the Fuji flash is here: http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-ef-x500-now-shipping-stock-not-kidding/
    :-D
    its expensive n bulky, better nissin i60 n godox for the prices... I don't like X-500 at all, still love my D1 500 air hehe
  • Finally the Fuji flash is here: http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-ef-x500-now-shipping-stock-not-kidding/
    Is it really shipping yet? LOL.
    Finally the Fuji flash is here: http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-ef-x500-now-shipping-stock-not-kidding/
    its expensive n bulky, better nissin i60 n godox for the prices... I don't like X-500 at all, still love my D1 500 air hehe
    Yeah, I am struggling a bit to come to terms with the sticker price. If only it had radio inside it would made more sense... Any die hard fans who is planning to buy one? Or maybe already pre-ordered?

I must stay Fujifilm did a good job on the EF-X500 in retaining the design queues from the X-series. The only concern is its size, which looks rather bulky.  Perhaps a fair comparison would be the Leica's SF24D? It matches both in style and weight when they're paried up.  Just my 2c. :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager