Fujifilm X-T2 Compatibility with Cactus V6 II to support HSS (Now Supported! v.1.1.005)

Comments

• I
    Finally the Fuji flash is here: http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-ef-x500-now-shipping-stock-not-kidding/
    :-D
    Is it really shipping yet? LOL.
    Finally the Fuji flash is here: http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-ef-x500-now-shipping-stock-not-kidding/
    its expensive n bulky, better nissin i60 n godox for the prices... I don't like X-500 at all, still love my D1 500 air hehe
    Yeah, I am struggling a bit to come to terms with the sticker price. If only it had radio inside it would made more sense... Any die hard fans who is planning to buy one? Or maybe already pre-ordered?

I must stay Fujifilm did a good job on the EF-X500 in retaining the design queues from the X-series. The only concern is its size, which looks rather bulky.  Perhaps a fair comparison would be the Leica's SF24D? It matches both in style and weight when they're paried up.  Just my 2c. :)
    HI,

I put a pre-order in for a Metz M400 (Fujifilm) , very basic flash, but has TTL and HSS. Weighs like 220g. GN40.
    It will fulfill 80% of my needs.

Antonio, Will you guys be adding support for the Metz M400 Fujifilm?

Also are you guys working on a fix for V6II TX on camera flash forced HSS not working with Yongnuo 568ex?

Cheers,
    Migel

• Finally the Fuji flash is here: http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-ef-x500-now-shipping-stock-not-kidding/
    its expensive n bulky, better nissin i60 n godox for the prices... I don't like X-500 at all, still love my D1 500 air hehe
    It´s really expensive. But I´m not inerested in buying it, I want the cactus´ people buy it and implement the HSS protocol correctly into the cactus VII...
  • I
    Is it really shipping yet? LOL.
    Yeah, I am struggling a bit to come to terms with the sticker price. If only it had radio inside it would made more sense... Any die hard fans who is planning to buy one? Or maybe already pre-ordered?

I must stay Fujifilm did a good job on the EF-X500 in retaining the design queues from the X-series. The only concern is its size, which looks rather bulky.  Perhaps a fair comparison would be the Leica's SF24D? It matches both in style and weight when they're paried up.  Just my 2c. :)
    HI,

I put a pre-order in for a Metz M400 (Fujifilm) , very basic flash, but has TTL and HSS. Weighs like 220g. GN40.
    It will fulfill 80% of my needs.

Antonio, Will you guys be adding support for the Metz M400 Fujifilm?

Also are you guys working on a fix for V6II TX on camera flash forced HSS not working with Yongnuo 568ex?

Cheers,
    Migel

Hey guys

Correction to my last, from the Metz Canada rep stated theMetz M400 fujifilm Will not ship with HSS but will have a FW update in the future to enable HSS, it has to do with the protocol or something.

Cheers
    Migel

• ... Will you guys be adding support for the Metz M400 Fujifilm?

Cheers,
    Migel

Technically if the flash runs on the standard Fuji digital TTL protocol then it should work right out the box. If you are not happy with the power range from the AUTO flash profile, you can always create a custom one by using the Flash Profile Editor.

Download the Profile Editor here. Only available on Windows PC.

About the YN568EX, hopefully within 2 weeks time.
    FYI we have fixed the bug but before releasing any new firmware we need to test all the functions for reliability and that's the bit that more time consuming. I am sure you're familiar with these standard procedures...
    ...It´s really expensive. But I´m not inerested in buying it, I want the cactus´ people buy it and implement the HSS protocol correctly into the cactus VII...
    That is what we planned on doing, as mentioned multiple times before. ;)

Fingerscross that it's possible...
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio.
    Can you please confirm if I now purchase the Cactus V6 ii, will this give me hss on my Fuji XT2 when used with the RF60 flash units off camera? I've looked for a firmware update on the Fuji site and it has not got an update for the XT2 yet. Is there an update for the V6ii that now enables HSS on the XT2?
    Please let me know as I don't want to spend on a system that is not going to give HSS capability.
  • edited November 2016
    ... Is there an update for the V6ii that now enables HSS on the XT2?
    What do you mean?
    At the moment, the X-T2 already works on the Cactus V6 II supporting HSS.

And the firmware version you need to check is on the V6 II and not the X-T2. So it does not matter if you purchase a V6 II now or if it was an older one your friend bought 3 months ago, as long as you have the latest firmware version installed it will work with the X-T2.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks Cactus for the latest forware v1.006, it worked well with the last firnware XT2, in fact i used Profoto D1 500 Air
  • Thanks Cactus for the latest forware v1.006, it worked well with the last firnware XT2, in fact i used Profoto D1 500 Air
    Great news, @ronron.

Also thanks for sharing the image on Facebook :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

Great news, @ronron.

Also thanks for sharing the image on Facebook :)
    but still we who fujifilm user need more u'r hard working for the next firmware coz sorry... but it seems like not too perfect (n I need more practising for this). Later I will give more shot, thanks
  • Hi,
    I am not able to use Forced HSS on my Fuji X-T2 with Cactus V6II and Metz 50 AF-1 (Pentax version).With the regular sync speed (1/250 and slower) everything works as it should.I use flash off camera with two V6II.However when I try to "teach" the system  with  1/1000 speed flush does not fire.I tried to put V6II on the hot shoe and flush on top of V6II- in that case at the "teach "flush does fire but it seems the system does not learn.When shot is taken with 1/1000 speed it is completely out of sync with the flush.
    Would you have any suggestions?
  • Hi,
    I am not able to use Forced HSS on my Fuji X-T2 with Cactus V6II and Metz 50 AF-1 (Pentax version)...
    Hello @Vlad,

You must have missed the compatibily notes (bottom of description) that a Pentax flash can only be used with Pentax camera.

So unless you also shoot off-camera on a Pentax camera, your Metz (for Pentax) is not a good candidate for your setup.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• I do use Pentax with off camera Metz flash (works fine,including HSS) and I did miss that it can only be used with the Pentax cameras.
    Thank you for clarification.
  • I do use Pentax with off camera Metz flash ...
    Cool, we are getting more Pentax users here ;)
    Welcome!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hello, I am planning to get the Flashpoint Roverlight 600B or Flashpoint XPLOR 600.  Would I be able to use the Cactus V6 ii to obtain high speed sync on a Fuji X-T1 with firmware version 5?  Thank you in advance!
  • hai Antonio.. I'm having a problem with Forced HSS on XT1 firmware 5.0.

was doing fine on XT1 FW 4.3, with godox ad600b through FT16, forced HSS worked and fired,
    but now on FW 5.0, it only fired with forced HSS off..

updated the cactus december 26th..
  • hi there.. i'm using single v6ii 1.1.006 on my fuji x-t2 (firmware v. 1.10) with godox x1tc transmitter on top of the v6ii.. but still can't do hss.. please advise.. thank you..
  • Update : 

Got it updated to 1.1.006, works with XT1 FW 5.0 under condition :

XT1-C with Godoc AD600B --> only at Full power.. even 1/2 power would result in dark image

FT16 T & R with Godox AD600B --> worked flawlessly at all power & Shutter

*Happy Customer*
  • Update : 

XT1-C with Godoc AD600B --> only at Full power.. even 1/2 power would result in dark image

*Happy Customer*
    What is FT16 T & R?  Are you talking about the XT16 instead?  https://www.amazon.com/Godox-Wireless-Radio-Controlled-Trigger-Witstro/dp/B01DQCG0AC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482995161&sr=8-2&keywords=godox+xt-16+transmitter

• ...XT1-C with Godoc AD600B --> only at Full power.. even 1/2 power would result in dark image
    Make sure you turn on HSS on the AD600.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• hi there.. i'm using single v6ii 1.1.006 on my fuji x-t2 (firmware v. 1.10) with godox x1tc transmitter on top of the v6ii.. but still can't do hss.. please advise.. thank you..
    Try switching on the TX unit before the V6 II to TX mode if you are using auto-detect.

I must stress again that such a daisy-chain setup is NOT RECOMMENDED nor was the V6 II originally deisgned to function this way.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hello, I am planning to get the Flashpoint Roverlight 600B or Flashpoint XPLOR 600.  Would I be able to use the Cactus V6 ii to obtain high speed sync on a Fuji X-T1 with firmware version 5?  Thank you in advance!
    Remember to update your V6 II to the latest firmware version, 1.1.006.

Also, turn on HSS on the Flashpoint strobe and you can still plug in the V6 II RX to the strobe via sync cable.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• edited January 2017
    X-T2 Cactus V6II, Nikon SB800 will not fire at all. Camera and transmitters newest software on both. When Itry to fire the flash with the button at the right front corner of the tx-unit it displays Bulb-mode and the flash doesen´t fire. 
  • X-T2 Cactus V6II, Nikon SB800 will not fire at all. Camera and transmitters newest software on both. When Itry to fire the flash with the button at the right front corner of the tx-unit it displays Bulb-mode and the flash doesen´t fire. 

On camera's side:
    1) did your V6 II auto detect the camera as Fujifilm? (By half pressing camera'S shutter button a few times as you switch on the V6 II to TX mode).

2) did you do LEARN HSS?

3) did you turn on FORCED HSS by pushing the adjustment dial before taking a shot above camera's x-sync speed?

On flash side:
    1) switch on the flash first and set it to TTL mode. BEFORE switching the V6 II to RX mode

2) you don't have to follow above power on device order if you manually select the flash system and flash profile.

Lastly, can you confirm the firmware version currently installed on your V6 II?

Menu > Preference > Firmware

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• 1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3Yes

1. Yes
    2. ok

Firmware: 1.1.006 (both units)

• 1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3Yes

1. Yes
    2. ok

Thanks for the reply.

When you release camera shutter button does the V6 ii's Status LED blinds green?

What was the distance between the camera and flash? In case you are testing in close proximity, try setting the work range to Short on the TX unit. Menu > radio setup > work range

Try redoing LEARN HSS and see if it helps.

FYI Re-learning may help due to jumping shutter times on Fujifilm cameras.

Hope the above helps.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• TX Led blinks green, but rx Led blinks  yellow. Radio range: "CLOSe"  on TX -unit and redoing LEARN HSS doesn´t help. 

• edited January 2017
    ...XT1-C with Godoc AD600B --> only at Full power.. even 1/2 power would result in dark image
    Make sure you turn on HSS on the AD600.
    sure.. will always do.. thank You..
    another update, same thing happen in godox TT685 series using v6II and XT1-C.. must be on full power, otherwise image clarity reduced (brown layer like the flash cannot fire up to as fast as the shutter)
  • Update : 

*Happy Customer*
    What is FT16 T & R?  Are you talking about the XT16 instead?  https://www.amazon.com/Godox-Wireless-Radio-Controlled-Trigger-Witstro/dp/B01DQCG0AC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482995161&sr=8-2&keywords=godox+xt-16+transmitter

hai.. Nope.. i meant FT-16.. 433mhz trigger.. not the XT with 2.4ghz trigger..

• 1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3Yes

1. Yes
    2. ok

Thanks for the reply.

When you release camera shutter button does the V6 ii's Status LED blinds green?

What was the distance between the camera and flash? In case you are testing in close proximity, try setting the work range to Short on the TX unit. Menu > radio setup > work range

Try redoing LEARN HSS and see if it helps.

FYI Re-learning may help due to jumping shutter times on Fujifilm cameras.

Hope the above helps.
    I found a solution at last: I switched the placement of the V6II units so the TX is now the RX and vice versa. Now my flash fires every time. Mybe a connection fault in the flash-shoe of the unit I now put in the TX-position?

• @stormfoto, seems like one of your units is not functioning properly. Maybe the first RX couldn't receive signal but only worked as TX. When you have a chance do send it back for inspection. Where did you purchased yours from?

@amplopz, is your TT885 Canon or NIkon version? And did you turn it on first, set it to TTL and then switch on the V6 II to RX mode? V6 II will auto-detect the flash and apply an AUTO flash profile.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager