RF 60 Profile

I have just purchased a RF 60 and 2 V6 and have an Olympus OMD 5 series 2 camera

In setting up the V6 was surprised to find that there is no profile for the RF60 for the Olympus and a further search revealed it is not profiled for any camera. I have updated the firmware.

Seems strange that Cactus does not profile its own brand

Do I have to manually profile or am I missing something?

Comments

• Flash profiles are only needed for flashes that attach to the V6 via the hot-shoe.

The RF60 has its own built in radio receiver/transmitter so it does not need a hot-shoe profile (nor would it be possible to use one with it as it hasn't got the hot-shoe contacts necessary for interchanging information that is affected by a profile).
  • ...RF60 for the Olympus and a further search revealed it is not profiled for any camera. I have updated the firmware.

There isn't such a thing as "RF60 for the Olympus".

RF60 is a manual flash. What that means is:
    1. it only accepts a basic signal - triggering a flash.
    2. you can easily identify a manual flash by looking at its hot shoe - a single-pin hot shoe.
    3. It does not support TTL. So it cannot be "profiled" to any specific camera system, such as Olympus.
    What is different about the RF60 is that it has built-in radio so it can be remotely power and zoom controlled by a V6 (set to TX mode), or vice versa.

Flash profiles only apply to TTL flash models in the market. They need one because they have to be mounted on a V6 set to RX mode in order to work wirelessly, triggered by another V6.

On the other hand, the RF60 is a radio flash. You do not need to mount it on a V6 to work. It can connect wirelessly to the V6 system for flash triggering and control.

Hope this helps, @Sandgroper
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.