V6II firing V6 regardless of group

Equipment:  I have 6 original Cactus V6, 4 RF60, and now 2 V6II.  All have up to date firmware.  All equipment settings the same and set to channel 9.

Last night at an event, I was using a mix of RF60 speedlights and I had two manual speedlights (LumoPro LP160s) on original V6 transceivers, connected via the hotshoe.  I had RF60s set for groups A and B, and the V6s with manual speedlights were set to RX mode and group D.  The RF60s were firing correctly, but the manual speedlights fired every time, no matter what group or groups were selected from the V6II--even when no groups at all were selected.  This was happening when triggering with the test button or the camera shutter.  Power cycling made no difference.  This occurred with two different V6II transceivers, but when I switched to an original V6 to trigger the lights they all worked fine.  

So far, really not impressed with the V6II.  :-/

Comments

• The V6 is not yet compatible with the V6II.

Cactus have announced a firmware upgrade for the V6 to be released some time in October. Only then will you be able to use V6 receivers in conjunction with a V6II transmitter properly.

If you use one of your V6II units (instead of a V6) as a receiver for a manual flash, things should work.
  • The V6 is not yet compatible with the V6II.

Cactus have announced a firmware upgrade for the V6 to be released some time in October. Only then will you be able to use V6 receivers in conjunction with a V6II transmitter properly.

If you use one of your V6II units (instead of a V6) as a receiver for a manual flash, things should work.
    :-|