Pentax k-1 with Nissin DI700A (Sony MI) on v6ii

Hi,
is it possible to use my Nissin DI700a (Sony Multi Interface Shoe) with Cactus v6ii on my Pentax K-1?

Thanks for the answer.

Günter

Comments

• Hi,

another Pentax user here. :)

For the K-1 you need a standard V6II but your flash would need a V6IIs (for Sony) receiver. Antonio from Cactus posted before that one cannot control a V6IIs receiver from a standard V6II.

Using an adapter to put your flash on a V6II Rx does not work either because the standard V6II Rx does not support Sony flashes.

So I think you are out of luck. :(
  • Hi Günter,

As Class A mentioned above, a Sony flash on a V6 IIs (RX) cannot be triggered by a non-Sony camera using V6 II (TX) for high-speed sync.

That said, you may still trigger a Sony flash from your Pentax camera under x-sync. But that kind of defeats the purpose of getting a V6 II, right?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.