Issue with V6 II and RF60

2»

Comments

• After Factory reset and re-learning HSS on X-T10 there is no change, still delayed flash.

D800 still will not achieve HSS

I am going to send my units back to B&H.
  • Thanks @focalcraft.

Please keep us posted!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited November 2016
    I just confirmed my return and exchange with B&H of the V6ii unit. I am keeping the RF60. When the replacement unit comes I will report on the status when used with Nikon D800 and Fujifilm X-T10

Should the RF60 be able to HSS with D800 when on hotshoe and HSS is enabled on flash? 
  • I just confirmed my return and exchange with B&H of the V6ii unit. I am keeping the RF60. When the replacement unit comes I will report on the status when used with Nikon D800 and Fujifilm X-T10

Should the RF60 be able to HSS with D800 when on hotshoe and HSS is enabled on flash? 
    Negative.  RF60 only has a single hot shoe pin, it becomes a manual flash when you trigger it directly from its' hot shoe, such as mounting on camera hot shoe.

The AU HSS, automatic HSS , is solely for use in a wireless setup.

Please kepe us posted.  Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited November 2016
    The AU HSS, automatic HSS , is solely for use in a wireless setup.
    However, if he turns AU HSS to "OFF" and engages "HSS" on the RF60 manually (with the button at the front), he should be able to go beyond the sync-speed at least for nearby shutter speeds, should he not?

For true HSS synchronisation that would support 1/4000s, etc., the RF60 would have to support digital TTL, but even with just single-pin triggering, a range of shutter speeds should be supported before a black bar starts creeping in from the bottom of the frame.
  • The AU HSS, automatic HSS , is solely for use in a wireless setup.
    However, if he turns AU HSS to "OFF" and engages "HSS" on the RF60 manually (with the button at the front), he should be able to go beyond the sync-speed at least for nearby shutter speeds, should he not?

For true HSS synchronisation that would support 1/4000s, etc., the RF60 would have to support digital TTL, but even with just single-pin triggering, a range of shutter speeds should be supported before a black bar starts creeping in from the bottom of the frame.
    In theory, yes. It will depend on specific timings on the camera system.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• I am having a slightly different issue as when I use HSS forced mode with my V6II and RF60 on both my XPRO2 and XT2, the flash just wouldn't fire. I have tried to relearnt it already but still doesn't work. I am running the latest firmware on both the RF60 and the V6II. Any advice would be much appreciated
  • Hi @vincechook
    .... I am running the latest firmware on both the RF60 and the V6II.
    Did you press the "Check for Latest Firmware" button on the Firmware Updater? 
    You may also check the firmware version by:
    1. RF60: Press "NEXT" and power on the flash
    2. V6 II:  Menu > Preference > Firmware Version
    Other points to check:
    1. Are both V6 II and RF60 set to the same channel?
    2. Is the relevent flash group activated on the V6 II?
    3. What is the distance between the V6 II and RF60? If in close proximity, try using Short Range (Menu > Radio Setup > Work Range).
    Other Fujifilm-specfiic checks, please refer to this post:
    http://www.cactus-image.com/community/discussion/comment/3420/#Comment_3420

Thank you and I hope the above helps.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager