V6/V6II do not work with PC sync cable

My Cactus transmitter does not trigger my RF60 flash when connected to my camera via a PC sync to 3.5mm cable. :(

I have tried the following:
- I've updated the Cactus V6's and the RF60's to the latest firmware
- I've used the test button on the V6II when it's not connected to the camera to trigger the flash and the flash fires
- I've connected the V6II to the hotshoe and the flash fires
- But when I connect the V6 to the camera using a PC sync cable, it DOES NOT fire the flash.
- However, if I connect the PC sync cable directly from the camera to the flash it DOES fire (so it's not a cable or a camera issue)
- I've tried the same thing on the 2 older V6's and they have the same issue on the latest firmware.

- I've also tried to revert the firmware to an older version but I don't know which version to use on the V6, V6II and RF60 so they will all still work together?

As a final test I've tried connecting a V6 receiver on channel A to the RF60 using a 3.5 to 3.5 cable. Using another V6 transmitting on channel A, even though the receiver flashes green it doesn't fire the flash. So maybe the 3.5mm input on the V6/V6II doesn't work?! But I can't understand how it would stop working on both V6's and the V6II at the same time?

Can you let me know how I can resolve this? I've run out of ideas.

Comments

• Hi @Kevin

i am sorry to hear about this.

Does the V6 II's Status LED blinks green when you release shutter on camera, connected with the V6 II via sync cable?

You can also test the 3.5mm sync port by connecting the V6 II to RF60 via 3.5mm sync cable. V6 II in TX or RX mode, RF60 in Local (L) mode. Press the Test Button on the V6 iI and see if flash is fired.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.