Error: Update Failed message

I bought some V6 transceivers that came with v1.0.152 firmware installed. I'm using Nikon flashes so I need to update the firmware to v1.0.156. I use Macs but have a old Asus laptop running Windows XP, so installed the Cactus firmware up dater on it. 

The updater running on XP sees the V6 transceiver and performs the update, but at the end of the process gives an Error: Update Failed message. 

What can I do to update these transceivers?

Comments

• I am running on Windows XP too and haven't experienced that before.

Does the Update Failed message appears on the Updater status? Anything special happening on the V6 unit being updated, like LED lights, LCD, etc?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.