Fuji XT2 and Xpro2 problems with the cactus V6 ii

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the cactus v6 ii for my fuji bodys with a canon 600 ex flash.

I have managed to set the camera and flash settings correctly and in manual mode i can change the settings on the trigger and i can see the relevant group settings changing on the receiver correctly and when I test using  the trigger test button the power output of the flash is fine.  As soon as I fire the flash trigger using the shutter on the body the flash output is always full power and doesnt take any effect by changing the manual power output on the trigger/receiver.  The flash is set in ETTL mode hope this is correct and any help will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi there @mosa786

What firmware is your X-Pro2 running on?
    If you using v2.0 that Fujifilm recently released then the current firmware (1.1.004) is not compatible.

That said, in the next couple of days we will be releasing a new firmware for the V6 II to support X-Pro2 (v2.0) and the new X-T2.

In the meantime, just a reminder that you need to push in on the Adjustment Dial to manually  swtich ON/OFF the Forced HSS for Fujifilm. And you must also go through the LEARN HSS process. Please refer to the Quick Start Guide for more information.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I'm having the same issue with the xt-2 and canon 600's
  • edited November 2016
    I have tried numerous times to get this to work with the new firmware and i'm having the same problems

SOLVED

stupid me I really feel dumb but make sure your v6ii is on snug with your hotshoe. That's your issue. I had the exact same problem but now it's all good.
  • edited November 2016
    ... but make sure your v6ii is on snug with your hotshoe. That's your issue. I had the exact same problem but now it's all good.
    Great to hear that and thanks for the update @djbe.

I should include this tip on your other thread. ;)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,
    Do you have to go through the HSS learn process also if you don't want to do HSS? And should forced HSS be set to ON or OFF?

At this stage I am just interested in being able to control the power output of Nikon SB-800, Sigma EF-530DG and Fuji EF-42 from my Fuji X-Pro 2. 

I have version 2 firmware on X-Pro2 and version 1.1.006 on the V6 II.

Cheers,

Geir
  • ... Do you have to go through the HSS learn process also if you don't want to do HSS? And should forced HSS be set to ON or OFF?

There's no need to do LEARN HSS if you don't shoot above your camera's maximum x-sync speed.

Forced HSS should be OFF.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager