ETTL canon 700D - Metz 52 AF-1 - 2 Cactus V6 II

Hello,

I bought 2 cactus to control my remote flash (a Metz 52 AF-1). 

I have one cactus on my camera (canon 700d) and another one under my flash. 
The system is set on ETTL and the flash is well triggered. 

However, the flash intensity is not automatically adjusted.

Is-it a problem of setting or compatibility?

Thank you for you help.

Comments

• Hello @filippo,

Try switching the flash first, set it to TTL, and then switch on the V6 II to RX mode.  It will auto-detect the flash system and apply an AUTO flash profile.

Let us know if this fixes the problem.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello @Antonio

I try what you recommends. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. The receiver is on manual mode even though it detects the canon system. 
    It looks that I have to set the flash power manually.
  • .... Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. The receiver is on manual mode even though it detects the canon system. 

To make it simpler, do a factory reset.

You may have previously selected a flash profile manually, where despite you have now selected auto-detect flash system, the manual flash profile selection is still there.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.