2x cactus v6's and 1x cactus rf60 flash for a pentax k-s2

I recently bought 2x cactus v6, and 1x cactus RF60x flash, and a pentax k-s2. cannot for the life of me work out how to get them synced. I read somewhere pentax k-s2 doesnt have wireless flash abilities but should this matter if the v6 is on both camear and flash? help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• HI there @ryanglass87

Seems like your V6 is still running on an older firmware.

Use the Firmware Updater to download the latest version, 2.1.001, then click UPDATE.

First, download the Updater here:
    https://www.cactus-image.com/downloads.html

Let us know if you require further assistance.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited January 2017
    @ryanglass87

Your K-S2 does not need to have wireless flash abilities.

What are you using the second V6 for?
    Note that in order to fire the RF60x, you will not need a V6 receiver.

Make sure, though, that the RF60x and the V6 transmitter on your camera are set to the same radio channel. Also set the WORK RANGE on the V6 transmitter to "SHORT" unless you plan to cover really long distances (over 30m or so). The "SHORT" setting helps to avoid radio signal overload in case the transmitter gets very close to a receiver (including the RF60x).

Given that you have a V6 (not a V6II), ensure that your shutter speed does not exceed 1/180s. Try manual mode and a shutter speed like 1/125s, or so. If you exceed the camera's sync-speed, it won't send a trigger signal to the hot-shoe anymore.

• Appreciate the feedback and your time, thanks, i'll try both of these and get back!