No RF60 driver and no power readout on display

edited January 2017 in RF60 Problems
Where can I download the RF60 latest driver - Cactus firmware updater cannot recognise my RF60 unit, device manager in windows 7 states that there is no driver installed and cannot find driver. 

Comments

• The usb driver should be included with the Firmware Updater program during installation.

Please try downloading the program from our website and do a clean install, following each step of first uninstalling the old Updater, then install it again.

https://www.cactus-image.com/cactus_updater.zip

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited January 2017
    I did a clean install of the updater as you suggested by downloading from your site, unzipping and running the setup, deleting the old version of updater already on my pc.

However when I connect the RF60 flash to my win7 pc I get a message stating that the device driver was not installed. When I then check the device status in Device manager, the following is the message:
    Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

• Solution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/error-code-52-usb-ports-not-recognizing-connected/2379017c-d513-478c-a184-0d1b7cd408b2

I only had to follow the part about pressing F8 to boot into Advanced boot options and disabling driver signature enforcement. Once that was done I ran the cactus updater and all is good in the world again !! :-)
  • Yes, that will work too.

But technically a fresh download from our website would have already included the driver.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.