OLY E-M5II with Pana DMW-FL-360L: TTL-Passthrough doesn't work

edited January 2017 in V6 II Problems
I just received my V6II and tried the TTL passthrough function with the above mentioned gear - to make things short: it doesn't work. :( 

Okay - now for the longer version: 

Obviously TTL metering isn't working, but instead the flash seems to fire at full power all the time. 
Whenever I dial in a flash exposure compensation on camera, the flash will not fire at all (even if I change it back to zero again). I have to turn TTL passthrough on the V6II off an on to get the flash back to firing (again at full power of course). 
The exposure compensation on the flash doesn't work, too. The flash keeps on firing at full power. Sometimes this stops the flash from firing at all (as described above).

I tried different CAM-FLASH SYSTEM-FLASH PROFILE configurations on the V6II:

1. First I tried to use the auto-detect function - resulted configuration:
CAM: AUTO (OLYMPUS) - FLASH SYSTEM: AUTO - FLASH PROFIL AUTO OLYMPUS
Result: see above

2. Then I tried to set the FLASH PROFILE to PANA FL-360. This results in an error message saying that "TTL SYSTEMS DOESN'T MATCH". As far as I know this is BS since OLY and PANA are using the same M43 system.
Result: doesn't work because of error message

3. Next I tried to set the FLASH SYSTEM manually to PANA, but there is none. So I set it to OLYMPUS (M43). FLASH PROFILE was on AUTO OLYMPUS. 

4. Next I tried to set the FLASH PROFILE to PANA 360L. This changes the FLASH PROFILE automatically to PANASONIC (which I couldn't set manually)
Result: doesn't work because of error message (cam is still AUTO OLYMPUS though). This can be changed to PANASONIC manually.

5. Next I tried to set the FLASH PROFILE to OLY FL-36R which is the compatible model of the PANA FL-3670L.

So, all in all this is slightly diappointing. It seems that Cactus has to do some homework on the firmware for the M43 system. 
Or maybe I am doing things completely wrong and somebody can help?

BR, Thomas

Comments

• Hello Thomas,

We are sorry for your experience. The TTL Pass Through bug has been reported and we have already worked out a fix.

A new firmware version will be released in days.

Thank you for your understanding during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • That's great news - thanks. I'm looking forward...
  • No problem. We are doing final rounds of internal testing before finally releasing it.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Any news on this issue?
  • Any news on this issue?
    Fixed!

Just to verify for you, I just tested on an Olympus and Lumix camera with the Lumix FL360 and TTL Pass Through worked flawlessly.

V6 II is running on 1.1.010.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager