RF60 being triggered by other people's cameras?!

Hi everyone, 

A customer of ours is experiencing something rather bizarre. Here is her problem: 

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 18.0px}
span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

The RF60 is being triggered by other peoples cameras. My second shooter shoots with bounced on camera flash and one shooter is a canon and one is a nikon. They are not set up to the cactus RF60 but somehow they are setting it off. 

In addition, if a wedding guest has a dslr with a pop up flash - then from time to time, I notice it is going off as well for them. 

We have tested the second shooter and they are definitely able to trigger it so I have to ask them to stand to the side and out of range - which then prevents their flexibility to move around.

My set up is that the Cactus RF60 is off camera and is being triggered with the cactus V6 trigger on my camera.  

I use group A - Ive tried different groups but it makes no difference!

Any thoughts? 

Thank you!

Comments

• It sounds like optical slave mode has been engaged, i.e., that the RF60 has been asked to respond to optical triggering.

Enter the menu of the RF60 and proceed until you see "OPT SL". Ensure that this option is set to "OFF". Otherwise the RF60 will respond to flashes from other shooters.
  • Thank you, I'll pass the message on :)
  • Thanks Class A for the suggestion.

@Suzi_Sho, do keep us posted if the problemis fixed.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • This has resolved the problem! Thank you!!
  • Hi @Suzi_Shop
    This has resolved the problem! Thank you!!
    Great to hear that and thanks for the update. :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.