Issue with fuji xpro-2 cactus v6 II and nikon sb-910

Im using a Fuji Xpro-2 and cactus v6 II and nikon sb-800 and sb-910. Everything works fine with my sb-800 but nothing work whit sb-910. I did update the firmware to the last version, and pretty much try everything I found here but noting has worked for me. Anybody know how can I fix this? 

Comments

• @Daniel, did you switch on the SB-910 first, set it to TTL mode, and then mount it on a V6 II, and switch it to RX mode?

The V6 II should auto-detect the flash as Nikon and apply an AUTO flash profile.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Oh and also make sure you have enabled HSS (Auto FP) on the SB-910.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,  The SB-910  doesn't work with the Fujifilm Pro-2. But the SB-910 and the  SB-800 work perfectly with Nikon D300. When i use the trigger on the transceiver the SB-910 fire, the signal work to because i can change the zoom on the flash but it never fire when i press the bottom on the Fuji Pro-2.

Could it be a setting on the Pro-2?

• Also my SB-800 work with Fujifilm Pro-2 
  • Hi Daniel. Thanks for the additional information.

It's likely the X-Pro2.

What were the settings on the V6 II TX unit?
    1. Did you let V6 II to auto-detect the camera system?
    2. Was there a "F" in the camera icon?
    3. Have you already removed the metal spring plate?
    4. Have you tried redoing LEARN HSS?
    5. Did you manually switch on / off Forced HSS when shooting over and under x-sync speed?
    What were the camera settings when you tested it?

But if both the SB-800 and SB-910 worked with the D300, it should also work with the X-Pro2.

For the sake of testing it's also better to set the work range to Short.
    Menu > Radio Setup > Work Range.
    (Unless your flashes are placed well over 10m away)

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• What do you mean ( Have you already removed the metal spring plate) ?
    The only way that I found to fired the SB-910 with the Fujifilm Xpro-2 is to put the camera System on the transmitter T X on (Other) If I let to auto-detect it doses't work. Is it normal?

Thank You
  • Hi Daniel,
    What do you mean ( Have you already removed the metal spring plate) ?
    This is what I meant:

... If I let to auto-detect it doses't work. Is it normal?

If auto-detect doesn't work, it means the V6 II is not connected to the camera properly.

Remove the metal spring plate, as shown in above video, do a factory reset (Menu > Preference > Factory Reset), then follow steps below:

http://www.cactus-image.com/community/discussion/comment/3420/#Comment_3420
    1. Is HSS activated on your Nikon SB-910? You should see a FP symbol beside TTL.
    2. If you use auto-detect for the flash, always switch on the flash first, set it to TTL, then switch the V6 II to RX mode.
    3. Has the hot shoe metal spring plate been removed?
    4. Did
      the V6 II auto-detect the camera as Fujifilm by half-pressing the
      camera shutter button while switching the V6 II to TX mode?  Make sure
      to securely mount the V6 II on the camera hot shoe.
    5. Try re-doing the LEARN HSS process in case it actually failed in recording the timing on the first run.
    6. Before shooting above camera's x-sync speed (1/250s on the X-T2), manually switch ON Forced HSS by pushing the Adjustment Dial.
    7. Similarily, before shooting at or below camera's x-sync speed (1/250s on the X-T2), manually switch OFF Forced HSS by again pushing the Adjustment Dial.
    8. Make sure both the V6 II are running on the firmware version1.1.006.
    Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio,

I updated again the receiver to 1.08 again  and I did all in the list above, I removed the metal spring plate and the sb-910 is not fired also the ttl passthough do not match.

Thank Daniel
  • Hi Daniel,
    ...I updated again the receiver to 1.08 again...
    Huh? The latest firmware version on the V6 II is 1.1.006.

Please remember to press the button: CHECK FOR LATEST FIRMWARE before clicking the UPDATE button.
    ... and the sb-910 is not fired also the ttl passthough do not match.
    Are you mounting a Nikon flash on the V6 II TX unit as on-camera flash and try to have TTL Pass Through?

If you are, I am afraid you can't do that! 
    The V6 II only allows you to cross-system HSS, not cross-system TTL Pass Through.
    ... I removed the metal spring plate ...

And was the V6 II TX able to auto-detect camera as FUJIFILM?

Do you see a F inside the camera icon?

Try doing a factory reset before trying, incase you previously manually selected the camera system.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio,

I updated all the V6 II in the new version 1,1.006. Now all my flash with V6 receiver Nikon sb-800, sb-910 fired with the v6 transmeter on the Fujifilm XPro-2.

Only when I set the factory reset and put it on then the V6  recognize the camera system ( auto Fujifilm) otherwise I have to set manually between Nikon and Fujifilm Pro-2.

The V6 TX is on the camera and i can't set the TTL.
    Thank You 
  • Hi @Daniel,
    ...The V6 TX is on the camera and i can't set the TTL.

Sorry but what do you mean by this?

Where are you trying to "set TTL"?

Flash should be in TTL mode, switched on, then the V6 II to RX mode.

FYI the V6 II does not support wireless TTL.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Thank you very much for your help.
    Daniel Guindon