V6 Trigger Power Levels

edited February 2017 in RF60X Problems
Hi,

Just received my RF60x. There's a little quirk when used with the V6 trigger. Changing the power level via the trigger is reflected on the flash display. However the first shot after a change in power level is at the previous setting. The second shot is at the new setting. So moving from 1/1 to 1/16 would result in a shot at 1/1 before one at 1/16. Its fine now I know about it but it results in an extra fire before the desired level is set.

Is this just a quirk of the v6 and RF60x together?

Thanks,

Comments

• Hello @cameraflyer

There is a short delay, from after you stopped adjust the Dial, to commands being sent to the flash.  From memory it's a figure less than 1s.

So maybe you took the shot very quickly after adjusting the power?

Also check the distance between the camera and flash. If you are doing indoor shoots in close proxmity, use Short Range.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. 
    I've set the V6 to SHORT but the issue remains. The new power level changes in the back of the fRF60x to indicate the new, desired setting and matches the V6. However, it still fires one shot at the old power level before then firing at the new setting. This is both through the V6 test button and when fired from on a camera. 
    I'm just testing with the V6 and the RF60x right next to each other.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    David
  • Hi,
    Sorry - just done the obvious. 

Updated the firmware in the V6 to the latest and its working fine now. Power levels of the RF60x fire at correct, desired setting first time after a level change.
    Thanks,
    David
  • Nice!  The good-old firmware update did the trick :)

Let us know if you need further assistance.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.