Pentax K5 and Metz 58 AF-1

edited February 2017 in V6 Problems
PLEASE HELP! 

Comments

• I've done everything I could think of to set up my V6 with my camera and flash but it will not fire. The transceivers are communicating fine but it will not fire when I push the shutter. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
  • Hello @nandez04,

When you release shutter button on camera, does the Status LED blinks green?

If both groups and channels are set correctly, then it's likely a hot shoe connection between the camera and the V6 TX.

On the RX side, did you set the flash profile correctly? First selecting flash system and then the flash model.

Let us know if thsi helps.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited February 2017
    Are you making sure to not exceed a shutter speed of 1/180s? That's the sync-speed of the K-5 and if you exceed that shutter speed, the camera won't generate a trigger signal anymore.

To rule out this potential issue, put the camera into "M" (manual) mode and select a shutter speed of say 1/100s. Then check whether the green light of the V6 on the camera lights up when you take an image. If so, then check whether the green light on the receiver lights up as well.

Should all work fine.