Fuji X-T1 + Cactus V6ii + Cactus RF60 = no HSS

Bought today both cactus v6ii and RF60, upgraded all gear to the latest firmware avalible (even X-T1) and can't get HSS to work. 

Removed shoe plate to improve v6ii connection, started v6ii with half shutter pressed, did the learn thing, changed the work range to short, and everything works until I turn on the Force HSS.

Then the rf60 doesn't fire.

If I turn it off again it fire again.

Any guess?

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Hi @APedro,        

"  ... started v6ii with half shutter pressed, ..."

Do you see an "F" inside the camera icon after the auto-detection process?          

"... did the learn thing, ..."   

Try redoing the LEARN HSS process. 

This is the due to jumping shutter timings on all Fujifilm cameras so the first or even second time of the LEARN HSS it may not have capture the most usual timing used by the camera. 

Lastly, do make sure you have indeed the latest firmware version.

i.e. did you press the button > "CHECK FOR LATEST FIRMWARE" before clicking the big UPDATE button?  The same goes for both RF60 and V6 II.

Have a go and see if the above helps. 

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited February 2017
    Thank you Antonio for your help.

I tried to redoing the learn HSS process at least 3 times in a row.

And it still doesn't fire the flash.

I'm a bit confusing.

Should AU HSS stay OFF on RF60?

Edit: Even if I put the RF60 on camera shoe, since I turn HSS on on flash it stop's firing...

The OPT SL should be on of off?

• Forget it!!!

I'm such a newbie, you were right!!

I had upgraded the v6ii but to 03 version.

I had to check for last firmware -.-'!

It's working like charm!!!!!!

Thank you so much Antonio!!

Best regards!!
  • Hey @APedro,

No problem. it's indeed easy to miss the smaller button before going forward with the udpate. I am glad to hear it's all okay now.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.