V6II, Fuji GFX, Broncolor Siros S 800 HSS

I'm sure I'm one of the few people attempting this setup since the Fuji GFX is so new, but any word on compatibility?

I put the latest 1.07 firmware on the triggers, they do recognize the GFX as Fuji. I learned HSS and have Force HSS on.

The Siros S has the latest firmware and is in HS mode.

I definitely see a difference with the triggers set to Force HSS but it's not perfect and is random from shot to shot, sometimes full coverage, sometimes banding, and difference in color temperature.

I had the flash system set to Manual.

I also tried Delays but didn't help, anything passed 2ms and the flash didn't even show up anymore in the frame.

I'm curious because I saw updates for the Pentax 645Z which is also medium format with the same 1/125 native sync.

I've heard Profoto HSS works with the GFX and Cactus V6 II.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Hello @RobertQ,

Aww, you have your copy of the GFX already!  Nice!

As for the random coverages, could you try redoing LEARN HSS and see if it helps? The timing seems to be jumping just like all other Fujifilm cameras. So re-learning it may help.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I have tried learning and factory resets multiple times, also tried delays and setting flash to Nikon? Not much success, except some at 1/250.
  • Setting flash to Nikon was only a temp fix for a bug which has been fixed long ago :)

I will consult our R&D and get back to you.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I was going to ask this last weekend.  I will try the new firmware with the Fuji GFX and Flashpoint monolights.  HSS works with my X-T2 with the last firmware..
  • Hello @darktiger
    I was going to ask this last weekend.  I will try the new firmware with the Fuji GFX and Flashpoint monolights.  HSS works with my X-T2 with the last firmware..
    Version 1.1.007 on the V6 II doesn't seem like it will cut it. Likely another firmware update is needed - when we complete the study of the EF-X500 flash system.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager