Most Powerful/highest "Guide Number" hot shoe flash for FUJI X-T1

Hello

I own a FUJI X-T1 and X-T2 and need to know what is the most powerful "hot shoe mounted" flash I can buy that is compatible with the V6 and FUJI cameras.

I will be using "POWER SYNC" mode 100% of the time.

I don't care if the flash is a NIKON, METZ, SONY or any other brand. I just need it to work without any issue.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what flash to get that has the highest "GUIDE NUMBER" possible.

Thank you very much in advance,

Pcar

Comments

• Hi Pcar,

What's your budget?

And does it has to be "hot shoe mounted"? Or will you be using it on-camera too? Or mostly off-camera - since you mentioned Power Sync.

BTW we do not recommend using Power Sync all the time as it will strain the flash internal electronics and the flash tube. it's meant to be used occassionaly when you needed additional power.

If you find yourself always using full power of a portable flash, that probably means that particular flash model is not suitable for your use.

What you need is something with much bigger power, something like the Profoto B1 or the Broncolor Siros L. However you loose power control from the V6 II transceiver, but you can still have remote control by using their own transmitters.

If you want something smaller in size, Godox AD360 is another alternative. Of course due to smaller size, the power is also lower.

Cheers!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.