X-T1 + Cactus + Nissin i40 remote HSS

Hi everyone,
I would like to achieve the same result as in this video:

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but it does not work.
Same 2 Cactuses (fw 1.1.006), X-T1 (fw 4.31), Nissin i40 -> same combination.
i40 works correctly in Sync mode (1/180), I can set the power etc.
I tried everything but can't get the HSS. Led light is blinking on the i40 in M mode, TX learned HSS, everything looks fine, flash is fired but a scene is completely dark (on 1/1000, 1/2000, 1/4000). The flash has no effect.

Strange in the video is that the guy does not turn on "forced HSS".

When I connect RX Cactus to Godox AD600BM, HSS works correctly. 

Any idea or could someone try please? Thanks.

Comments

• You do not need to turn on <FORCED HSS> because this trick is entirely done on the i40.

Make sure you press and hold the pilot button to correctly hack the flash.

Have fun!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Yeah. Great. How did you do that? What exactly do you set on the camera and the cactus?
    My combination still doesn't work... :(
  • Yeah. Great. How did you do that? What exactly do you set on the camera and the cactus?
    My combination still doesn't work... :(
    you don't need to turn on force hss on cactus. just turn hss on i40 and use lasted fw(008) on cactus
  • Thanks @basz!

Hope it's working for you, @Disgeman.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.