Déconnections temporaires de signal des récepteurs (RX) V6IIS.

edited March 2017 in V6 IIs Problems
Bonjour,

Je viens d'acheter 4 Cactus V6IIS pour équiper mon a99 ou mon a99II lors des photos aux flashs.
J'ai un flash Sony HVL-60M (dans la liste) et deux Metz 52-A1 (qui ne sont pas dans la liste, donc en profil auto).
Tout fonctionne parfaitement sauf que j'ai fréquemment des pertes de signal temporaires entre le TX et les RX, que ce soit avec les flashs Metz ou avec le Sony... Avez-vous une solution à me donner ? Pouvez-vous m'indiquer les réglages à faire sur le TX comme sur les RX pour résoudre le soucis ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

In English :-) :

Hello, I just bought 4 Cactus V6IIS to equip my a99 or my a99II when I make photos with flashs. I have a Sony HVL-60m flash (in the RX profiles) and two Metz 52A-1 (they don(t have a profile, so I give them AUTO profile).
Everything works perfectly except that I frequently have temporary signal losses between the TX and the RX, whether with the Metz flashes or with the Sony flash...

Do you have a solution to give me ? Can you tell me the settings to be made on the TX as on the RX to resolve the problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Bonjour Antoine,

Thanks for your translation en anglais, merci beaucoup.

First of all, which firmware version is running on your V6 IIs units? You can check under: Menu > Preference > Firmware Version.

If they are already running on the latest firmware version, 1.1.003, then before you try the units again with your gear, please do a factory reset first:  Menu > Preference > Factory Reset

For the sake of testing, let V6 IIs to auto-detect the flash units - your Metz and Sony HVL. Remember to first switch on the flash, set it to TTL mode, enable HSS, and lastly switch on the V6 IIs to RX mode. Both V6 IIs should show "AUTO".

Please also check the distance between camera and and remote flashes, for example, leave at least 1m in between.

Thank you and let us know if the above helps with the misfiring issue.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio,

Thanks for the fast answer and for your help.

I made all your recommendations (except for the Sony flash. I find him a little better by HVL-60 profile. It's a problem ?) and at the moment everything works fine.

A other question: 
    I have a softbox where I wish to use my two Metz flashes sometimes. Have you a solution to use them side by side (10-15cm between them) without interferences/misfiring issues ?

Thank you again. It's important to be able to count of somebody competent.
  • ... I made all your recommendations (except for the Sony flash. I find him a little better by HVL-60 profile. It's a problem ?) and at the moment everything works fine.
    Glad to hear it's working now.
    ...I have a softbox where I wish to use my two Metz flashes sometimes. Have you a solution to use them side by side (10-15cm between them) without interferences/misfiring issues ?
    If you were referring to the distance between the flash units themselves, then it's nothing to worry about. Each RX unit can be right next to one another.  It's only the transmitter and the receiver(s) that cannot stay too close in proximity.

That said, 10cm is an acceptable distance between TX and RX, when V6 II is set to Short Range.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello,

Thank you for you response !!! 

Perfect, I happy to hear it's working with two flashes side by side.

It's possible that the Auto profile by the RX with my two Metz flashes given't the full power from them by firing ? 

Have a nice evening Antonio !