Pentax K30 (V6ii) + Metz 52 AF-1 (V6ii) = HSS only??

edited March 2017 in V6 II Problems
Good day,

1) I've tested all profiles with both triggers on-camera and on-flash, laboriously resetting them with every changes made.

2) The flash fires AND CONTRIBUTES to the image from 1/200 onwards (HSS).

3) Anything slower than 1/200, (e.g. 1/160, x-sync speed), the flash fires but DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE to the image.

3) For shutter speed slower than 1/200, (e.g. 1/160, x-sync shutter speed), shutter needs to be fired at least twice simultaneously and then ONLY THE SECOND image will result in the flash contributing to the picture. That means I always have to fire at least twice to get a usable image with the second frame when in x-sync shutter speed.

In conclusion, it is now a HSS ONLY trigger. Doesn't work for shutter speed slower than 1/200 (i.e. 1/160 and slower, x-sync speed) without having to shoot simultaneously.

Pentax K30 firmware: 1.06 (Latest)
Metz 52 af-1 firmware: 1.3 (Latest)
V6ii firmware: 1.1.008 (Latest)

Comments

• Thanks for reporting.  Seems like something is still wrong with Pentax flashes. We are looking into it right now.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.