Fuji X-T1 - V6II - RF60 flash - HSS not working.

Hi,

I was reading various discussions about this issue since i purchased the 2 flashes and transcever last year in October. But i cannot make it to work in HSS. It is moody to say the least and it frustrates me to the point i want to sell it.

I have fuji xt1 software 4.0
V6II was updateed today
RF60 checked for software updates but as far as i am aware there were no new updatees since spetember.

I must say that, afterdoing the restart to factory settings the V6II started to autodetect the camera with F in the box, which was previously absent. (however the flash was working but no hss).

I learned the hss timing several times. shoot the photo inside my room and bang the falsh goes off but the photo is very very dark. no flash was registered. flash on full power zoomed at 50mm.

Very often when i switch to forced flash no flash is firing after that. I so start from scratch with restart....etc

Very annoying. Cant imagine to do it on an photoshoor that i have this sunday!

My Xt1 flash settign is set to commander.

Please let me know what am i doing wrong here, or is the equipment faulty?

P.S thr metal hotshoe  bracket is taken away. But it is exactly the same issue with or without it.

Comments

• Update on the issue for all the people out there struggling with the same and looking for help.
    It took me several hours to figure this one out.

I basically did what Pixelstate kindly summarised here.

http://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/fuji-xt-1-cactus-v6-ii-cactus-rf60-and-hss.60145/

For me crucial thing was to carry out fuji xt1 firmware upgrade to latest 5.1 version, and now the cactus works like a charm.

You are welcome.

• Hello @Mariusz,
    For me crucial thing was to carry out fuji xt1 firmware upgrade to latest 5.1 version, and now the cactus works like a charm.

Great!  Thanks for the udpate :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.