Update fail on one of my V6II unit, now it doesn't work

I bought a set of 4 V6II directly from the web store here November 2016, at first all 4 units seems to be working fine with my Pentax system, I've only used the setup for 1 shoot, earlier today I decided to update the firmware for them, first 2 units updated to V1.1.008 no issue at all, the 3rd unit started ok but when the progress bar reach the last little section, it stopped and a few seconds later come up with message "Error: Update failed", afterwards I unplugged the unit from PC, turn the unit on the screen flash V1.1.006 very briefly then a brief rolling message saying RF fail, then it just shut itself off and not responding at all. no matter what position the switch are on, and the screen is blackout.

With hesitation I upgraded the last unit but it went smoothly, now I am left with 3 units running firmware V1.1.008 and a paper weight....

Has anyone here encounter the same problem? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hello @mqeric,

I am sorry to hear this but it seems like one of your V6 II's MCU failed / damaged during the firmware update.

Have you tried plugging that particular unit to the computer for update? See if you are able to boot it up. If not, please return for a repair.

Harvest One Ltd.
    11D, Block 2, Koon Wah Mirror Factory (6th) Industrial Building,
    7-9 Ho Tin Street, Tuen Mun,
    New Territories,
    HONG KONG

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi there, yes I updated all 4 units via my desktop PC, I just reflashed the firmware to V1.1.006 again, and  and I will show you the screen

So what do need to include with the return unit?

• edited April 2017
    You may want to downgrade all of your units to V1.00.6. Apparently, any later firmware isn't working well with Pentax.
  • New firmware version will be released this week, we hope!

Look for 1.1.009...

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Yes I experienced the same problem.
    My V6II unit was destroyed after trying to update to the latest Firmware