Problem with bracketing on 5dmIII

I shot today for the first time with my new 6vII's

I have 6 of the older 6V units as well that I've been using for a few years.

When I went to bracket some shots today and the transceiver was only one of the 5 brackets would shoot.
If I turned off the transceiver all 5 would shoot.

Never had this problem with the older 6v units.

At first I thought it was a problem with my camera, then by chance I removed the transceiver and it started working again.
I tried a 2nd 6VII and same thing.
Put the old 6V back on and no more problem.

What's up with this?
Is this normal?
If not how do I fix it..

Thanks

Comments

• Hello @AriM,
    ... Is this normal?
    If not how do I fix it..

That's an unfortunate yes.

There's no way to fix it due to how the V6 II is designed. Only the original V6 supports bracketing.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks, I think.

That sucks as I'm a real estate photographer and shot brackets along with flash.
    Now I have to turn off the transceiver every time I shot the bracket shots.
  • Sorry for the inconeniences.
    Unfortunately it's a shortcoming we cannot alter on the V6 II.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.