Sharp Hot Shoe Pins, Sharp Edge Twist Lock Mechanism & Better Lock Lever design

I would like to make 3 observations for future V6 models.

The black paint on the hot shoe of my Fujifilm X-Pro1 has always been rather sensitive to damage. Strip some paint off every time I mount a flash unit on.

However, the paint sustained the most damage ever since I started using the V6ii a few days ago.

The extra pin on the V6ii scratches very deeply onto bare black paint surface. I think rounded pins are the way to go.

The locking mechanism on the V6ii where it makes contact to the top of the Pro1 hot shoe guides is a sharp circular twist lock and acts as a "knife" as it presses down on the guide when locking downwards. It took the paint right off like knife slicing down on paint. It would be good to introduce a lowering damper rather than the twist collar itself. Saw bits of paint crumble off as I locked it. Scratches are already appearing on other parts where contact occurs.

Also, the downward return of the long locking lever butts the ISO dial on both the Pro1 and Pro2. Of course we can apply a bit of pressure and lift the lever above and over the iso dial but the lever will then be scratching the surface of the dial when the ISO dial is rotated.

I love the V6ii as it is but if you can rectify these unnecessary "flaws", it would be fantastic.

Comments

• Here are some pics for better illustrations.

• Thanks a lot for your observations, albeit with your camera getting scrapes over the painted hot shoe.   It's unavoidable due to the multi-system shoe, the precision it has to have in order to work with multiple camera systems, they needed to be pointy. But the real issue is, as you mentioned, with the unused pins. Ultimately, we will need to provide system specific hot shoe to improve compatibility.  

Thank you again and keep the comments coming. Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Anytime Antonio.

At the moment, apart from those mentioned above, the V6ii is working rather remarkably in my setup with both Pro1 and Pro2 on Canon Flashes.
  • Glad to hear the actual flash triggering part is going well.

The V6 II will soon provide an even better shooting epxerience, after releasing the X-TTL firmware, <LEARN HSS> and <FORCED HSS> will be history - at least on your X-Pro2.  I am not sure if Fujifilm would release new firmware for the X-Pro1 to support the recent EF-X500 TTL flash? I hope they do, if not then on one camera you would still need to go through the fuzz with Learn + Forced.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • That's great news indeed.

Let's hope Fujifilm love the x-pro1 as much as I do.