V6II with Genesis Stroboss 58N

Hello,

tried yesterday to have my brand new Cactus V6II to work with th Nikon compatible flash Genesis Stroboss 58N but found impossible to change the flash power from the remote : the TX unit on the camera (Nikon D700) is sending the data to the RX unit (the display on the RX shows the change in power as set on the TX) but nothing changes on the flash unit.

Maybe I need to adjust something in the flash model/profile (I'm using the Auto mode) ?

Thanks for the kind attention, have a nice day.

Marco

Comments

• Hello Marco,

You must have misunderstood.

The V6 II is only able to remotely adjust flash power outputs of a speedlight.

It is unable to control any studio strobe since the connectiion is not via hot shoe but the sync port, which essentially is an on/off switch.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio, thanks for your message.

Please do note that the Genesis Stroboss 58N IS a speedlight : please refer to this link for further information http://www.genesisgear.pl/en/stroboss/134-genesis-stroboss-58n . 

Thanks for your attention, have a nice day.

Marco

• Thanks Marco for the link.

Make sure you follow the instructions as outlined on the user manual and quick start guide.

Before you carry out the steps below, do a factory reset first (Menu > Preference > Factory Reset):
    1. Switch on the flash
    2. Set it to TTL mode
    3. Enable HSS
    4. Switch on the V6 II to RX mode

Thank you and keep us posted.

Cheers.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio,

I made some trials over the week-end and I got some half positive results :

1) by sticking to the flash power up procedure now the flash is duly triggering BUT it seems the power setting is limited to the progression 1/128 to 1/64 to 1/32, above 1/32 up to 1/1 the pictures don't show any visible change in the power of the light hitting the subject

2) I tried the same set-up replacing the Stroboss58N with an original Nikon SB900 and the result is more correct, with a clear change in the power of the light when changing the setting from 1/128 up to 1/1

My next step would be to use the specific profile for the Godox V860 available on the Cactus as I just found a lot of similarities between my Genesis/Quadralite Stroboss58N and this one : do you think it could help ?

Can you confirm the V860 and the Stroboss58N are really the same unit under different brands ?

Many thanks for your patience and assistance, have a nice day.

Marco

• Hi Marco,

Sure, why not try the V860 (Nikon) profile, it won't kill your flash. In any case using a similar power flash model may work better. Or you could use the Cactus Profile Editor to calibrate the power outputs yourself.
    ... Can you confirm the V860 and the Stroboss58N are really the same unit under different brands ?
    I am afraid we are not in the position to confirm that.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio,

I need to check which firmware release is installed in my triggers : by reading the firmware release notes, I found that V1.1.007 was aimed (also) at fixing "the inaccurate power output in high speed sync shutter" when using a Godox V860N flash.

Even if you can not confirm that this unit and my Stroboss58N are in practice the same, the two units looks almost identical (as well as also the Neewer TT860 or the Cheetah V850..) so I really hope that by using the V860N profile I will solve the inconsistency of the flash power setting : I will update you after some other trial.

quick question : will you release the profile editor also for Mac ?

Thanks for the kind attention and support, have a nice day.

Marco

• Hi Marco,

You can check here:
    Menu button > Preference > Firmware Version

Or hold down group buttons A + D and switch on unit, either TX or RX. Firmware version will be displayed on the LCD.

Sorry but at the moment the Profile Editor is only available on Windows.

Thank you and keep us posted.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager