V6 II Nissin Di700A

edited April 2017 in V6 II Compatibility
I have Fuji x-t2, V6 II and the Nissin di700a. Am i right that a firmware update for the Nissin flash is needed (the one that will come in mid may)?. It seem like the flash does not support HSS at all even when forced by Cactus V6II.

I think i've tried everything there is to the cactus regarding the settings. It also say fuji flash doesn't support HSS on the cactus menu. Another thing i try is manual setting in cactus, flash fire when not forced, not firing when forced. Any way i do it i get black curtain.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Hello @gryt,

Seems like it, from reading Nissin's website:
    http://www.nissindigital.com/di700-air.html

"Currently the Fujifilm system does not support High speed synchronize
    function.The High speed sync button on the i60A Fujifilm version has
    disabled due to limitation and restriction on Fujifilm’s cameras."

If there isn't even a HSS mode, then you will need to get it updated from Nissin first, before you are able to use the V6 II to get HSS.

To put it into perspective, the Di700A is just like Fujifilm's EF-42, it is a flash that does not support HSS. Meaning, if you mount the flash on your Fujifilm camera you won't get HSS either.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • As i feared then.. Well, i guess i have to wait for the Nissin update and hope that you Cactus will make an update to the V6 II that makes it a working duo.
  • While waiting for Nissin, you could get a used Canon / Nikon flash online and you can have HSS literally next week .  :)

Better yet, get the Cactus RF60X, which has built-in radio that can be triggered by the V6 II to support HSS.

Very soon, the RF60X will become a TTL flash for Fujifilm, and other camera systems too.

https://store.cactus-image.com/cactus-rf60x-wireless-flash/
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.