Leica M-E and V6II with canon flash

I just recently purchased the cactus V6II and it works flawlessly and great in all modes with my Canon 5D MkII and 430 EXII flash; my question is I want to use the triggers on my Leica M-E camera and pair it with the 430EXII flash, I don't need TTL, just to be able to fire in manual mode is fine. Is this a feasible combination and do I need to set the transmitter on auto detect or manual for the Leica? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  

Comments

• Hello @Emaphoto,

Since Leica is currently not a supported camera system on the V6 II, you may let the V6 II to auto-detect your camera as "Other Cameras" - nothing will be shown in the camera icon, and you will be able to still control and trigger the 430EXII remotely.

A word of caution though, if you baby your Leica keeping it in a pristine condition, the multi-system shoe on the V6 II would easily scratch the Leica shoe. 

If you absolutely have too use the Leica for off-camera flash, we would recommend taping up the un-used contact pins with masking tape and only leaving the centre pin exposed.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Antonio,

Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a go. I definitely don't baby the Leica, in fact it gets more use than the Canon. Hence why I would like to use these triggers. I'll let you know if it works, cheers! 
  • As an addendum I must note that to use a Cactus V6II or similar trigger there is a plate that needs to be removed from the hot shoe of the Leica similar to the Fuji XT-1 etc. Remove the setting screw and pull back the plate. I'm sure its this way for most digital Leica M cameras, M8, M9, M240 etc, hope this helps any future Leica users. Cheers

• See photo below for Leica hot shoe plate removal
  • Thanks @Emaphoto for the tips.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.