Profoto Air Remote for Nikon with Pentax 645z

Hi, I use Profoto B1s and B2 strobes with a Nikon Air TTL Remote and Profoto Air Remote. Will the Cactus v6 II allow HSS with my Pentax 645z

Comments

• Yes, at least for the B1s someone got it to work. I see no reason why this would not extent to the B2s as well.
  • It should work as Class A said above.

BTW I just sent you a PM :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I am having problems with this setup. Box fresh cactus worked perfectly with air remote canon with hss. Made a test last week with the new update from profoto and worked again.
    But now, suddenly, I am having issues. Lots of misfiring, then the air remote gets stuck. Completely frozen. Have to remove the batteries to make it work again.

• I am having problems with this setup. Box fresh cactus worked perfectly with air remote canon with hss. Made a test last week with the new update from profoto and worked again.
    But now, suddenly, I am having issues. Lots of misfiring, then the air remote gets stuck. Completely frozen. Have to remove the batteries to make it work again.

Could you tell us more about your setup exactly?

Are you using two V6 II transceivers? One on camera hot shoe and the other connected to the Profoto B1's 3.5mm sync port? You just need the Profoto Air TTL-C Remote to turn on "HI-SPEED" mode on the B1. 

The above is our recommended setup, for any studio strobe for that matter. Some do not need a transmitter to turn on HSS (most don't).

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio, 

Thanks for the answer.
    I bought one cactus v6ii about a month ago. Borrowed two B1s from a friend and everything worked flawlessly (1st curtain normal sync and hss - didn't try 2nd curtain sync though). Pentax + Catctusv6ii + profoto Air Remote TTL-C.
    Two weeks ago, the same friend updated the B1 firmware and invited me for a second test: same great results. But last week when he wanted to use his kit with his own equipment (canon) he was having problems synching with the first curtain. I thought his air remote had problems. So I tried on my pentax and nothing worked, after some tries the air remote would be frozen as i mentioned. 
    Before yesterday, I rented a B1 kit with air remote ttl-c and first 5 shots worked great than it was frozen. So i guess my cactus has some issues. 
    But as I read you, this is not your recommended setup right? No trigger stacking...