Fuji X-T1 and X-T10 with Jinbei HD600V
I ran into problems when I was trying to enable HSS with the Fujis and the Jinbei.
- both cameras have the latest firmware
- the V6ii has the latest firmware
- the V6ii is connected to the HD600V via sync cable and set to RX, did not change any settings
- the camera is turned on before the V6ii so it can be recognized
- the X-T10 is recognized as a Fuji by the V6ii
- the X-T1 is not recognized by the V6ii
- no changes are made manually on the V6ii
- on both cameras the V6ii is able to learn the HSS by shooting at 1/1000
- none of the Fujis can shoot HSS – the Jinbei fires but the flash does not affect the exposure on 1/1000. you can see banding on 1/500 and 1/250
- "Force HSS" can be enabled but the flash will not fire at all
- the Jinbei does work when I'm not trying to shoot HSS
cross-check with other systems:
- X100s works fine up to 1/3500 (of course… it's leaf shutter. just wanted to know if this works.)
- Nikon D80 (thanks to my 9-year-old daughter) is recognized by the V6ii, is able to shoot HSS with the Jinbei at 1/4000… no banding, just fine.
- using the D80 with some SB600 and SB800 units on HSS works fine as well. It's super cool to control the power with the V6ii btw!
Ok… I know that other photogs use Fujis with the Jinbei HD600V shooting HSS (and super sync). So what am I doing wrong? Did I miss something? I'd love to shoot my Taekwondo team with HSS this weekend to get some shots of the new European and World Champions. I know that I can do it using the 100s and even with the D80 but at the end of the day I want to use my excellent Fuji primes on HSS and not the old gear or my reportage camera.
Any ideas? Would be super cool!