Fuji XT2 & Nikon SB800 out of sync

Hi, just bought two cactus v62 as I had seen a guy shooting in high speed sync on YouTube, updated cactus triggers firmware to latest 1.1.10 put one on my Fuji xt2 and one on Nikon flash followed instructions to do forced hss at 1000sec, switched on flash and trigger. Flash fires and there is no banding from being over 250sync speed but also the flash even though it's firing is not illuminating subject, in fact even if I put my hand in front of flash it doesn't illuminate?. Seems to be out of sync. Any suggestions. Hoping to use with my Godox AD600BM strobe via sync lead also

Comments

• Hi there @Poochusmaximus

1. Have you already removed the metal spring plate from camera hot shoe?
    2. Try doing <LEARN HSS> at the shutter speed you intend to shoot at and also aim the camera at the subject / direction you plan to shoot.
    3. After learning is complete, remember to turn on <FORCED HSS> by pushing in on the Adjustment Dial.
    4. Is your Nikon flash set to TTL, FP mode switched on, before switching the V6 II to RX mode? (If you are using the default auto-detect)
    5. Also, I am sure you have already manually switched on HSS on the AD600BM?

Thanks for checking!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.