V6 II with Nikon D2Xs & SB800 / SB80DX

My units recognized both camera and flashes and seemed to fire and sync all right... or that's what I thought!
After a few months with no use at all, I needed them again and my nightmare started. My D2Xs mounts a TX and fires the RX and adjusts the head zooms normally, the power settings do change between 1 and 1/128 as they should, but the amount of light delivered is always the same. I made step shots at 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and so on till 1/128 and the flashlight is constant, doesn't vary at all, only when changing the F stop on camera.
I've been testing both flashguns with the Cactus system, without it (on manual), with the SC 29 cable, as Master/Slave (each speedlight) and the results are so confusing that I'm becoming crazy.
Today I just updated the firmware and sometimes the camera gets blocked, or it fires but the flashes don't sync at a given power...
¿What can I do? I appreciate your help, thanks.

Comments

• Hi @dxfoto

The SB80DX runs solely on analogue TTL protocols and is not compatible on the V6 II.

SB800 on the other hand runs on both analogue and digital so it works on both V6 and V6 II. 

Try taking out the SB80DX out from you setup and see if you get consistent results.

Thank you. 
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.