No HSS with Pentax K3ii

Hi 

I have an rf60x with the latest firmware installed as of today. However it will not shoot HSS when mounted directly to the camera hotshoe of my Pentax K3ii. 

If I mount it in a v6ii everything works as expected both on and off camera. 

What could be the problem?

For obvious reasons I don't want to use both a k6ii and rf60x mounted in the hotshoe. I would like to know how to shoot HSS with just one rf60x mounted directly to my Pentax K3ii. 

Thanks 

Onur 

Comments

• Look at the foot of the RF60X. Then look at the hot shoe of your K3II. Do you have a basic understanding of which K3II hot shoe contacts are used for HSS?
  • The RF60X is a wireless HSS flash, it does not support HSS when used on-camera. 

FYI, the RF6X is actually a manual flash, it just happens to be one that supports HSS when used off-camera.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks for your prompt response Antonio. I will let the camera shop know.

I have been using it as a handheld remote flash together with my v6ii.

Does Cactus plan to make an on camera hss flash that is Pentax compatible?
  • We won't rule out the possibility :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.