Fujifilm TX unit compatibility

I think the integration between the TX unit and Fuji cameras can be improved:
The AF-assist signal from the camera is currently apparently not used
Settings in the in-camera flash menu are not propagated to the TX unit, and vice versa

Comments

• Thanks for your comments.

AF-assis? It's Fujifilm's fault. :)
    They took it away. There's actually no AF-assist signal going through their camera hot shoe. This is something Cactus can't fake it.  But don't worry, we have a feature for user to manually switch on the AF-assist light on the V6 II. 

Settings in the in-camera menu, on the next firmware release (FUJ.1.002?), when we enable Group metering.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I supposed there must be a AF-assist signal, as for example the Fuji EF-X500 and the Metz M400 do switch on their AF-assist light in darkness.

Great you continue improving the firmware, I am looking forward to better camera-menu coupling and Metz M400 compatibility!
  • I supposed there must be a AF-assist signal, as for example the Fuji EF-X500 and the Metz M400 do switch on their AF-assist light in darkness.

Great you continue improving the firmware, I am looking forward to better camera-menu coupling and Metz M400 compatibility!
    You are right!~
    It does, after turning on the AF setting on the flash, the flash AF-assist light does turn on. 
    Cool stuff. Thanks for letting us know. 

It shall be done on the next firmware release.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • We are testing it now and the AF-assist light on the V6 II already turns on. So you are referring to the on-camera mounted M400?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• The AF-assist light works fine, you are right.
  • The AF-assist light works fine, you are right.
    Cool to know! :) 
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager