Flashpoint Streaklight 360 Manual with Cactus V6II and X-T2

I have a Streaklight360 (NOT the Nikon or Canon version) and am trying to get it to work successfully with my two Cactus V6II triggers and my X-T2. The triggers will set off the flash, but I would like to use HSS. There is an HSS button on the Streaklight for HSS. I've tried multiple combinations in vain. I have all fo the latest firmware on everything. I can't get the flash to work above the sync speed (1/250th).

The flash is great and I have used it extensively, but was really hoping the Catcus triggers would work to get the HSS to function.

So...any advice? Will this work? If so, please walk me through what I need to do. I also have at set of Flashpoint R2 triggers - do I need to stack the Cactus and Flashpoint triggers on the camera?

Best regards,

Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris,

Not sure about stacking triggers as we don't recommend it. But I have seen people do it, but maybe not different strobe model than yours? I think most people have the Canon / Nikon version. 

Technically if there's a dedicated HSS button and that after switched on it does fire a long pulsing flash signal, it should work.

Otherwise, for strobes that do not have native HSS, it may still work if they have a long-enough flash duration, longer than 1/100s at t0.1. 

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited June 2017
    Technically if there's a dedicated HSS button and that after switched on it does fire a long pulsing flash signal, it should work.

Whether manually engaging HSS on the flash/strobe works, apparently depends on the flash/strobe and trigger used.

For instance, the Godox AD200, when triggered with an XT32C, ignores the manual HSS setting. If one triggers the AD200 via a sync cable, the manual HSS setting is respected, though.

I'm not claiming that the issue exists with the Streaklight360 as well, just pointing out a potential source of the problem.

@czegal: Have you tried putting the Flashpoint R2 transmitter on top of the V6II? This may work. Try using various flash profiles on the V6II transmitter. The "MANUAL" profile should work, but if it does not, perhaps you'll have more luck with "NIKON".
  • Thanks Class A for the follow up.

... perhaps you'll have more luck with "NIKON". 
    Actually, choosing "NIKON" as the flash system no longer works. That bug has long been fixed. 

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Actually, choosing "NIKON" as the flash system no longer works. That bug has long been fixed. 
    Interesting, thanks.

So, if choosing the actual flash system of the trigger does not work, e.g., one chooses "CANON" because one uses a trigger made for Canon cameras but has no luck with trigger stacking, is "MANUAL" now the best choice?

Just wondering why "NIKON" worked in the past for some and whether "MANUAL" is now an equivalent replacement.
  • My Godox XT32C trigger arrives tomorrow. 
    I'm going to try it on top of my V6 II which is mounted on an XT2. I'll try manual/nikon/canon and see if any of them work and report back :)