Fuji XT-2 with Elinchrom ELB 400 HS

Hi guys,
Does anyone know if I can use the Cactus V6ii along with the EL-Skyport-plus-HS remote to trigger the ELB400 lights in hypersync? Or if in fact this will work the lights at all? I assume I would have the Cactus mounted directly to the XT-2 with the EL-Skyport-HS (Canon version I think) stacked on top of the Cactus? If this wouldn't work then is there a combination of triggers/receivers that will fire the ELB 400s in hypersync with the Fuji XT-2? I know Elinchrom are bringing a Fuji Skyport to the market but without a release date this info is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
Thanks in advance,
Pete.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Had a great response to my question, in short....

Use the most recent version firmware for X-T2 (2.10), the ELB 400 (1.8) and the Skyport HS Transmitter (1.3).

Perhaps some problems with the new Cactus firmware, so downgrade to version 1.1.007, which works. Additionally - two more points that should be considered:

1. Remove the the metal spring from the X-T2 hot shoe in order to avoid contact problems between Cactus and camera, video link below:

2. You have to  use the Canon version of the Skyport HS transmitter, the Nikon version doesn't work - confirmed by the Elinchrom support

Regarding the light metering using the Sekonic L-478DR-EL, which doesn't support HS metering, but the adjustment of the power of the attached flashes through the light meter works fine. If you need HS flash metering support you'll have to invest into the new nd more expensive version L-858D and an additional Elinchrom module.

• Thank you for sharing the tips!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.