FUJ.1.001 firmware; HSS becomes unavailable on Fuji X-T2

New Cactus V6 II owner here.  Updated firmware to FUJ.1.001 and found HSS worked beautifully.  Turned on camera the next day and HSS was broken.  In TX settings, Functions->Sync Mode.  Value displayed is "HSS OFF" and cannot be changed.

I did Factory Reset and even re-flash firmware on both TX and RX but problem persists.

X-T2 version is 2.00.  TTL works beautifully.  HSS worked briefly.  I've even tried swapping TX/RX modules.  I'm firing a Canon 580EX.

Comments

• Here's the fix. 

The "secret" lies in the camera's menu settings for on-camera flash.

Step 1: Go to Flash Function Settings

Step 2:  Go to the Sync tab

Step 3:  Choose Auto FP / HSS

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Ah, yes.  That fixed it.  Thank you Antonio.

• Hey Antonio,

I just tried that on my set up with no luck - difference is I am using firmware version FUJ.1.002. Camera stays in TTL and won't go into Manual, it stays in TTL as well as the trigger in TTL. No power setting or zoom communication with the flash. Only way to control power is using camera TTL setting. Using RF60x as flash.
  • ... Camera stays in TTL and won't go into Manual, it stays in TTL as well as the trigger in TTL. No power setting or zoom communication with the flash. Only way to control power is using camera TTL setting. Using RF60x as flash.
    It's manual control, it won't make the flash go into Manual mode, if that's what you are saying. 

So long pressing the Menu button on the V6 II, swapping between TTL and M mode for the on-camera flash, makes no difference? You are getting no automatic TTL exposures from the on-camera flash?

What flash did you placed on the V6 II TX unit for on-camera? Is the flash in TTL mode?

RF60X can only have TTL when it is off-camera, same for HSS. 

Thanks!

Ah, yes.  That fixed it.  Thank you Antonio.

Glad to hear that! :)

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.