X-T1 with V6II and RF60X... no off camera HSS... help.
Looking for suggestions...
I have a Fujifilm X-T1 with the Cactus V6II and RF60X, and I'm attempting to use the flash off camera and have it work above my camera's flash sync speed of 180. However, it will not work in HSS, i other words with FORCED HSS ON. But it does work just fine in non-HSS, with FORCED HSS OFF
Also, strangely, there was actually a time about a month ago when both HSS and POWER SYNC worked, but even back then it worked very intermittently - sometimes it would flash in HSS and then later, even if the flash was ready to fire, it would suddenly fail to work.
And now I can't get the system to work in HSS at all.
Things I have done:
- Updated all firmware (1.1.003 on V6II, 103 on RF60X, and 5.01 on camera).
- RF60X: in SLAVE mode, set to AU HSS ON, full batteries.
- Whether or not the little plate on my camera's hotshoe is on or off doesn't affect the situation.
- V6II: in TX mode, unit recognizes my camera as a Fujifilm, taught the unit to LEARN HSS by shooting at 1/1000, FORCED HSS ON by pressing command dial, full batteries.
- Re-checking everything: fresh batteries, went through LEARN HSS again, pressed and held for two seconds FORCED HSS OFF and back ON, etc...
Any suggestions welcome. Hopefully there's something very simple that I'm missing...