X-T1 with V6II and RF60X... no off camera HSS... help.

Looking for suggestions...

I have a Fujifilm X-T1 with the Cactus V6II and RF60X, and I'm attempting to use the flash off camera and have it work above my camera's flash sync speed of 180. However, it will not work in HSS, i other words with FORCED HSS ON. But it does work just fine in non-HSS, with FORCED HSS OFF

Also, strangely, there was actually a time about a month ago when both HSS and POWER SYNC worked, but even back then it worked very intermittently - sometimes it would flash in HSS and then later, even if the flash was ready to fire, it would suddenly fail to work.

And now I can't get the system to work in HSS at all. 

Things I have done:
  • Updated all firmware (1.1.003 on V6II, 103 on RF60X, and 5.01 on camera).
  • RF60X: in SLAVE mode, set to AU HSS ON, full batteries.
  • Whether or not the little plate on my camera's hotshoe is on or off doesn't affect the situation.
  • V6II: in TX mode, unit recognizes my camera as a Fujifilm, taught the unit to LEARN HSS by shooting at 1/1000, FORCED HSS ON by pressing command dial, full batteries.
  • Re-checking everything: fresh batteries, went through LEARN HSS again, pressed and held for two seconds FORCED HSS OFF and back ON, etc...
Any suggestions welcome. Hopefully there's something very simple that I'm missing...

-Kelley

Comments

• Ray Chan at Cactus just pointed out that the version I was using, 1.1.003, was outdated. So simple - stupid me. Updated it to V1.1.010 and now everything is working perfectly!

Big thankyou to Ray at Cactus for his prompt guidance!

-Kelley
  • Thanks for reporting back.

Indeed always keep all your devices up to date for best performance.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.