Fuji Firmware

Is a fuji firmware needed on both units to use a fuji camera for TX(transmitter) side and a.n.other brand of flash on the RX (receiver) side?

Comments

• No.  The firmware is to get TTL control of the specific brand of camera.  The flash side of all the different firmwares is brand-agnostic.
  • Thank you Paulster.
  • @paulster
    Can one even use a multi-brand firmware in one of the receiver?

It seems more plausible that X-TTL variants would play with each other, but that a X-TTL transmitter and multi-brand receiver combination would not work.
  • Great question, and I don't know the answer to that.  I guess it depends on whether there's enough room to have the code for the multi-brand camera HSS side and the multi-brand flash TTL side.

If we don't get this answered before the Pentax X-TTL firmware is released then I guess we'll find out then.
  • Is a fuji firmware needed on both units to use a fuji camera for TX(transmitter) side and a.n.other brand of flash on the RX (receiver) side?

Yes, install both transceivers with X-TTL firmware versions.
    But you can mix them, say..

TX = FUJ.1.002
    RX = SIG.1.002

Thanks peeps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • If we don't get this answered before the Pentax X-TTL firmware is released then I guess we'll find out then.
    Yes, but I would be surprised if a mix between X-TTL and multi-brand firmware would work.

BTW, have you used V1.1.010 for your Pentax cameras (there is even a V1.1.011 now). I remember you had trouble with V1.1.007/8 and wonder whether your problems went away with later firmware versions.

• Yes, install both transceivers with X-TTL firmware versions.
    But you can mix them, say..

TX = FUJ.1.002
    RX = SIG.1.002
    Antonio

That's great, but can you use an X-TTL firmware on the Tx and the multi-brand HSS firmware on the Rx, or have you not been able to squeeze the flash-side TTL code into the multi-brand HSS firmware?
    BTW, have you used V1.1.010 for your Pentax cameras (there is even a V1.1.011 now). I remember you had trouble with V1.1.007/8 and wonder whether your problems went away with later firmware versions.
    I'm using 1.1.010 these days (will have to check out 1.1.011). Still the same issue on my portable pack where I have to go down to 1/90 to avoid banding, but it's working great on my mains-powered packs.
  • edited July 2017
    I've recently bought a (1) V6ii (with firmware updated to FUJ.1.002) and tried to use TTL on (2) Nikon SB700 in conjunction with (3) Fujifilm X-E2S. It doesn't work. Actually, V6ii is not designed to do that? My assumptions that the three devices are compatible with each other is wrong? I guess I might have overlooked some info on the Cactus website before deciding to buy one. I bought the V6ii mainly intending to use TTL, and now may have wasted my money and the unit of V6ii I own.
  • I've recently bought a (1) V6ii (with firmware updated to FUJ.1.002) and tried to use TTL on (2) Nikon SB700 in conjunction with (3) Fujifilm X-E2S. It doesn't work. Actually, V6ii is not designed to do that? My assumptions that the three devices are compatible with each other is wrong? I guess I might have overlooked some info on the Cactus website before deciding to buy one. I bought the V6ii mainly intending to use TTL, and now may have wasted my money and the unit of V6ii I own.
    X-E2 / X-E2s is not supported on the V6 II.

You may check the compatibility notes under the product page.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.