Cactus V6II is NOT compatible with Yungnuo YN568EX And Nikon camera D500

latest FW for Cactus V6II installed. on Both V6II units 
Flash setting on RX ( Nikon Auto) 

Camera :  one V6II (TX)  mounted on  Camera Nikon D500 
Flash      : YN568EX mounted on V6II (RX) 

Flash fire once when I push  camera shutter.   Full flash  1/1 power.  Although TX is set to 1/128 
I push Camera shutter again. Result :  No Flash. 
I have also used the Preinstalled profile YN568EX*. The profile Don`t work. Flash will not fire at all ! 

I Have  tested the flash manually and it is 100% ok.

Comments

• Thanks for reporting.

We have already done the initial investigation and the fix will be available on the next firmware version. Before we release it, we will run more tests together with other bug fixes. But we will try our best to provide an update as soon as we can. 

Your patience during this time is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 

• Nikon D500, Cacus V6II and Yongnuo YN-568 EX
    Have you solved the issues of compatibility?
  • It has been fixed since the last firmware, 1.1.011. (July 19)

The latest firmware is 1.1.012.  

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Sorry , this is not true in the real world ! 

Flash fires 100% ( 1/1) with power set to 1/128 on V6II  transmitter
  • Sorry , this is not true in the real world ! 

Flash fires 100% ( 1/1) with power set to 1/128 on V6II  transmitter
    Here's my test:  

Two (2) V6 II units both running on 1.1.012
    Camera: Nikon D600
    Flash: Yongnuo YN568EX for Nikon

Is the setup or powering on sequence any different than yours?

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• @Ter59
    Make sure you don't select "POWER SYNC" as the sync mode on the V6II Tx (transmitter on the camera). This will force the power output to always be 100%.

Choose "HSS NORMAL" or "HSS OFF".
  • It seems to work now after reset both units to factory settings.

I did not select "POWER SYNC" before  I reset both units to factory settings.

• Good to hear, @Ter59.
    Let us know if you require further assistance.
    Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager