Metz M400 Flash (version for Pentax/FW 1.1.011) with Cactus V6 II

Hello

The Metz M400 (and 26 AF-1) work only once when the Receiver is switched on. If I repeat off/on they are running once again.

Only way I got the M400 to work in a Cactus system was with a old V6 in Manual Mode (no power control)
Greetings from Germany
Klaus

www.Klaus-macht-Bilder.de

Comments

• We do not have a M400 for Pentax so we cannot test for you.

Would it work if you choose one of the other Metz flash profile? Say a Metz 50 AF-1, or even the 64 AF-1?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • ....Would it work if you choose one of the other Metz flash profile? ....
    Good idea! The 36AF-5 Profile works for the power setting - but not for zooming which is less anoying.
    Greetings from Germany
    Klaus

• Thanks for reporting the remote zoom issue. I have forwarded to R&D but we do not have the M400 for Pentax so we may not be able to rectify this bug until we get one in our hands. Thank you for your understanding during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello

I have to correct myself: Zoom is working to... but nit if the reflector is tilt.
    So confirmation: HSS and Zoom is working - waiting for Pentax TTL now.....
    Greetings from Germany
    Klaus

• BTW: The 26 AF1 works with the same settings ... obviously witout any zoom function!
    Greetings from Germany
    Klaus

• Hello

I have to correct myself: Zoom is working to... but nit if the reflector is tilt.
    So confirmation: HSS and Zoom is working - waiting for Pentax TTL now.....
    When the flash head is TILED, of course the zoom does not work.

Try mounting the flash directly on camera hot shoe, tilt the flash head upward, and see if the zoom ever moves when you adjust lens zoom range.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager