Fuji X-Pro1 and Forced HSS Compatibility

I'm struggling to find positive information relating to HSS / Forced HSS on X-Pro1.  I have an HSS compliant flash (Nissin i40) and can currently gain a manual 'HSS' exposure.

Will I benefit from the Cactus V6 II?

Will I be able to achieve TTL like  HSS control?

It don't seem to be able to find a camera model compatibility list on the Cactus site which is a shame, though there is an obvious flash compatibility listing.

Thanks

Tom 

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Hello Tom,

Yes, you will benefit from the V6 II.

Despite Fujifilm "gave up" on the X-Pro1 and no longer provide new firmware for it, Cactus is here to save your day.

As the X-Pro1 is running on the older camera firmware - no native HSS, the V6 II (with the X-TTL firmware) can detect the camera that it is not one of the newer ones and you will need to go through two steps.

LEARN HSS

FORCED HSS

For HSS, yes.
    For TTL, yes.

We only list camera models that are NOT compatible and you can find this information under Notes on compatibility: https://www.cactus-image.com/v6ii.html 

For Fujifilm, X-E2 / X-E2s are not compatible. 
    We recently got the X-M1, which does not seem to work either. 

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thank you @Antonio I will find a UK supplier and invest once I have news about Cactus support for Yongnuo YN-685 (Not YN568EX).
  • We are getting a   Y N - 6 8 5   to test so will definitely keep you posted.
    Thanks for correcting me in the other thread. ;)

Is this flash new or old? I don't even see it on YN's website?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • @Antonio

It was launched in 2015.  It can be seen here on Yongnuo USA... 

Thanks.
  • @Antonio

It was launched in 2015.  It can be seen here on Yongnuo USA... 

Thanks.
    Thanks for the information. So it's not too old. :)

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Dear Antonio,

I'm new in this community because I want t o buy Cactus gear. First of all I want to congratulate you for your interesting and precious support you are providing!

I have some questions I would ask you.

I have a X Pro1 and I would buy the "V6II + RF60X HSS/FP flash studio lighting kit B" kit:

1) I live in Italy. Can I purchase from the US via Cactus site without paying additional custom costs? Can you support me giving an European web site where to buy the kit in case I cannot form the US?

2) I want also to use the flashes outside so I need batteries. Is the EP-1 the correct one I need to take?

3) Is there also a wire available (code, name?) to use the flashes without batteries in my house?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestion.
    Best Regards,
    Valerio 
  • edited August 2017
    Can I purchase from the US via Cactus site without paying additional custom costs?
    If you buy the kit from the Cactus store, I understand the kit will be shipped from Hong Kong. The US should not come into this at all.
    I think you need to check Italian customs regulations in order to find out how much value a shipment can have before customs duty apply. There is usually a threshold under which you don't have to pay any customs duty.

If the kit price exceeds the customs threshold, you might be better off ordering the same product in multiple shipments, even if that drives up the shipping costs. However you may not get the kit discount then?

Cactus have an Italian dealer in Rome. I found out by following the "dealer" link on the home page and then clicking through to Europe & Italy.

I want also to use the flashes outside so I need batteries. Is the EP-1 the correct one I need to take?
    The RF60x speedlights are battery-operated. They take four AA batteries (or rechargeables) each. So you can use them outside as they are.

An RF60x will work with an EP-1 though and you'll then get much longer battery life and a bit quicker recycling as well.

3) Is there also a wire available (code, name?) to use the flashes without batteries in my house?
    You cannot connect an RF60x to AC power directly. You always have to use batteries/rechargeables. So there is no such wire you are asking for.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi @valerio, if you are worried about import customs fees then you should buy from one of our European dealers. I think our Spain distributor has both the umbrellas and soft box. However you won't get the discount with the kit currently offered on the Cactus Store. 

As for the other questions, Class A has nailed them all.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Many many thanks to both! Valerio
  • Many many thanks to both! Valerio
    You're welcome. Glad we are able to help.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager