Fuji XT-2 TTL issue

Hi All:

I have a Fuji XT-2, running the latest camera firmware ( 2.11 )
   A Cactus V6-II running the Fuji 1.002 firmware
   RF-60X running the 1.03 firmware
   56mm lens

I simply can't get TTL to work. I start things up as:

1) Flash on
   2) V6II on
   3) Camera on

V6 shows Camera mode is Fuji, Flash System is set to Auto. Group A, the group I'm using, shows TTL.

I can trigger the RF-60 from the test button on the V6.

However, at any shutter speed setting ( and I'm using < 250 ), the flash always fires in manual mode.

When I go into the XT-2 Flash menu setup, it does not allow settings other than for a Manual flash. ( If I used the supplied Fuji on-camera flash, it shows a TTL option. )

When I modify the shutter speed, no updates occur on the V6 LCD.

Is there some other option I'm missing?

Thanks!
   - Rich

Comments

• edited August 2017
    The latest Firmware for the Cactus RF60X is xxxxxxx.
    Please try upgrading the flash firmware. 
    The latest firmware for the Cactus RF60 is the 205, this is the one that give remote TTL compatibility.
  • The latest Firmware for the Cactus RF60X is the 926 not the 103.
    Please try upgrading the flash firmware. 
    The latest firmware for the Cactus RF60 is the 205, this is the one that give remote TTL compatibility.
    @lansa301 Not correct, the latest RF60X firmware is 1.03, as per https://www.cactus-image.com/cactus_rf60x_fwupdate_notes.pdf and the updater itself:

• You are right. My bad.
    I am not a Fuji user.

Remember that the V6 and V6II and the RF60 and the RF60X are different products.

Do you already have removed the spring plate from your camera?

If the "Display Camera Settings" option is turned on you will see momentary the Aperture, shutter speed and focal length on the attached V6II display.
    If you change this settings on the camera and the V6II shows nothing, maybe the V6II is not making proper contact. That is the reason to remove the metal spring plate.

• HI @mulveyr, sounds like you trying to get TTL for your on-camera flash?

If that's indeed the case, you have to hold down V6 II's Menu button for 2 seconds. 

This will toggle from the on-camera flash's "manual power control" to "TTL" mode.

I think on the Sony X-TTL firmware, we have already made on-camera flash control mode to TTL. The Fujifilm version should follow suit soon.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • HI @mulveyr, sounds like you trying to get TTL for your on-camera flash?

If that's indeed the case, you have to hold down V6 II's Menu button for 2 seconds. 

This will toggle from the on-camera flash's "manual power control" to "TTL" mode.

I think on the Sony X-TTL firmware, we have already made on-camera flash control mode to TTL. The Fujifilm version should follow suit soon.

Thank you.

No, as per my original message, I'm using a V6II on a Fuji XT-2 to try and use an off camera RF-60X in TTL mode. The V6II is flashed to the latest Fuji firmware, the RF60X is flashed to the latest firmware, and the X-T2 is on the latest as well.

The V6II shows "TTL" for group A. The Camera system is showing as Fuji, and the Flash System is set to "AUTO."

I turn on the flash first, the V6II second, and finally the camera.

When I press the Menu button on the V6II for two seconds, it displays "TTL Systems not compatible."

This is actually a different X-T2 from the one from my original message, but the behavior is the same.

Is there some other setting that needs to be done to get TTL working?

- Rich

• Hi Rich,

Group A?
    That means the flash is off-camera... mounted on another V6 II unit set to RX mode. Correct?

Holding down the Menu button for 2 seconds is for toggling between TTL and manual control for an on-camera flash.

In this case, the on-camera flash refers to a flash that is mounted on the V6 II TX unit.

If there's no on-camera flash mounted, then that means the V6 II TX unit, the one that's mounted on camera hot shoe, does not seeing any flash so the flash system is empty. In other words, there isn't a flash system.  So obviously you cannot hold down the Menu button for 2 seconds to switch the on-camera flash to TTL mode - because there isn't a flash.

Hope this clears the confusion.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi

I can’t get TTL to work on a Fuji X-H1 or X-T2 using a V6II on the camera and an RF60 remote. The RF60 is on firmware 205 and the V6II Fuj.1.002.

It works ok in manual mode. The camera, V6II and RF60 all say TTL and when I change the aperture, iso or shutter speed I see them displayed correctly on the V6II.

All the photos are under exposed and appears like the system is still in manual mode.

Please can you help. I’ve spent many hours trying to resolve this but not been successful.

Andy
  • Hi Andy,

We had a quick try and X-H1 works
    X-T2 we use it almost on a daily basis, we are pretty sure it works.

I will continue testing to see if the TTL is accurate. 

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• I'm having the same issue with my XT2 on fw version 3.0.  V6II and RF60 with latest fw don't want to allow TTL.  Manual works fine
  • Hi Antonio

Many thanks for posting the video. I followed everything you did in the video but I still didn’t get TTL. I reset both the V6II and RF60 back to factory settings but still no joy. I will try a few more tests with my X-H1 but I’m not hopeful .... any ideas?

Regards
    Andy

• let me check with R&D and get back to you asap!

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio

I’ve now tried just about every combination of settings on the camera, the Vii and the RF60 and it’s definitely not working in TTL. It’s driiving me ‘crackers’. Have you had anything back from R&D?

Regards
    Andy
  • Hi Antonio

I’ve now tried just about every combination of settings on the camera, the Vii and the RF60 and it’s definitely not working in TTL. It’s driiving me ‘crackers’. Have you had anything back from R&D?

Regards
    Andy
    Sorry but there is indeed a firmware bug on the RF60 / RF60X that prevents accurate TTL exposure.  We are in the process of re-calibrating the RF60 / RF60X. A new firmware will fix this problem.

Thank you for your understanding during this time.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio

Thanks for the update ... much appreciated. I look forward to the firmware update.

Regards
    Andy
  • Thanks for your patience Andy.

We shall have it really soon. Will also roll out "A" firmware versions for Fujifilm, Sigma and Sony.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio

Any news on when the new firmware will be released please.

Regards
    Andy
  • ARW said:

Hi Antonio

Any news on when the new firmware will be released please.

Regards
    Andy

Within the next couple of weeks. :wink:
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager