Pentax K3 -- Godox Gear and Cactus V6 II

I have two Godox TT600 flashes, one Godox X1T-C and a Pentax K3 camera. Can I mount a Cactus V6 II on top of my Pentax K3 and then mount my Godox X1T-C on top of a Cactus V6 II and then be able to wirelessly get HSS to my Godox TT600 flashes?

I saw a video that shows a different Godox Transmitter on top of a Cactus V6 II to control a different Godox strobe wirelessly when the Cactus V6 II was mounted on top of a Pentax K1.

The goal is to get HSS to work on my Pentax K3.

Comments

• edited September 2017
    You could try. We don't have similar gear to test for us.

Better yet, swap out your TT600 and replace them with Cactus RF60X.  It also supports HSS, and very soon TTL for your Pentax. RF60X also recycles quicker, 0.5s, in case that matters to you. 

The V6 II can trigger it directly. 

Note: the V6 II was never designed to function with other wireless devices. 

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited September 2017
    In theory it works.
    I use the same setup with K1/K3/K5 + V6II + Godox Trigger (on top of Cactus like in the video).
    The X1N/C sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. But the XT16 always works!
    Even for HSS ;) 
  • I just received my Cactus V6 ii Transceiver today and after watching this video:

I
    was able to get my Godox TT600 to work in HSS mode with a Godox X1T-C
    mounted on top of the Cactus V6 II, which as mounted on top of my Pentax
    K3. I used manual and shutter priority on the Pentax K3 and both modes
    worked up to 1/8000 sec. I now have two Godox manual HSS flashes for the
    price of one Cactus RF60x flash.

Also note
    that I went into the Godox X1T-C Function Menu and turned Function 01
    to ON. This enabled single pin firing mode on the Godox X1T-C and made
    it a Non-TTL Trigger -- Manual Only.

Now if we can get Godox to make a TTL - HSS capable flash for the Pentax family I will be able to rest.

• Hello,
    I know that this issue has been discussed and I do not want to repeat just that I honestly did not come to a conclusion how can I use my Pentax-K1 with one with Godox AD 600 to get HSS. Pls help me

• Hello,
    I know that this issue has been discussed and I do not want to repeat just that I honestly did not come to a conclusion how can I use my Pentax-K1 with one with Godox AD 600 to get HSS. Pls help me

Here are the steps:

1) Download and install the latest X-TTL firmware for Pentax on both of your V6 II:  PEN.A.001

2) Mount a V6 II on K-1's hot shoe

3) Connect the second V6 II to AD600 using a 3.5mm sync cord, the V6 II will auto-detect the flash as MANUAL.

4) Activate HSS / FP mode on the AD600

And you're done!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio. Can you post an image of which type of 3.5mm sync cord to use.
  • edited December 2017
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager