X-TTL A/B ratios and group sequence

I was waiting for an update of the documentation, but several months later there is no changes. Can you give some tips and guidelines about the new ratios funcionality? 
I asume that the flashes on the A channel are measured diferently of the flashes on the B channel, and the system decided the amount of light needed based on the relation that que can specify on the Cactus V6II module (1:8 or 8:1 as example). 
But I´m not sure about the limits, the meaning of the numbers( I assume that 8:1 is a relation of 3 stops to one), how that affect to the performance of the flashes, etc. 
I detected some inconsistences using this new funcionality, but I think the problem was I was to close to the low limit of the flashes (RF60 and RF60x), so it was no possible to the system to use a lower intensity,and, of course, not able to balance both flashes as I specified. Knowing what is the expected behaviour can help us to use and debug the x-ttl ratio funcionallity. 

Thank you. 
Rafael Vida

Comments

• Hi Rafael,

The V6 II's TTL Ratio merely extends (copy and paste) whatever the camera flash menu has set and transmit the command from V6 II TX to RX unit. So how and what exactly the ratio does to the flash unit it would be best to check with the camera manufacturer.

In the meantime you may refer to EF-X500's user manual, on page 57, 64-67:

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited September 2017
    Thank you. I don't have the Fuji flash and I didn't realize of that.
  • Thank you. I don't have the Fuji flash and I didn't realize of that.
    No problem! 

I believe prior the release of the EF-X500, TTL ratio is non-existent for Fujifilm. So adjusting the ratio is now possible on current camera models because they are designed to adjust the EF-X500. 

So as cool as this function may be, it's not a Cactus invention, it's only that the V6 II supports this existing function on Fujifilm camera / flash.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.