Panasonic GX7 remote control of RF60 not working

Hi,

just got the V6 and RF60, trying to get it to work on the GX7.

Without any configuration the V6 will trigger the RF60 from the camera remotely, so far so good.

Unfortunately I can't control the RF60 (which would be the whole point...) - the settings on the V6 don't get carried over to the RF60  as long as the V6 is in the hotshoe. Once I take it off it works just fine.

Any ideas? Which profile do I have to assign (there is no "RF60")? Any other setup I'm missing?

Thanks,
Frank.

Comments

• Hi Frank,

you only need to assign a profile to a V6 receiver, if you want to control the power of an attached flash.

Since the RF60 has its own V6 built-in, you don't need to assign a profile anywhere.

Just to clarify your problem:

You have an RF60 (not connected to anything else) in Slave mode (the RF60's display shows an "S"), and it responds to power level changes and trigger events from a V6 in transmitter (TX) mode, correct?

If this does not work, make sure both are set to the same channel and that the group the RF60 is assigned to is active on the V6.

It seems, though, that all this works for you, but stops working as soon as you put the V6 transmitter on the hot-shoe of the GX7. Is that right?

I have no idea why that would happen. With respect to power level changes and using the test button, the V6 transmitter should not care whether it is mounted on a camera or not. I don't own a GX7, so I cannot perform any test.

BTW, unless you engage the "SHORT" working range mode, you'll have to be careful to not bring the V6 and the RF60 too close together. In the default "LONG" mode, the V6's radio signal will be too strong for very short distances (<25cm or so).

Have you tried updating the firmware of the V6?
    This may not help, but it won't hurt either.
  • The V6 works fine with my GX7 and RF-60, so there is either a fault or a setup error I think - or maybe it needs a firmware update.

This may be obvious, but did you check in the camera menu that you don't have flash firing disabled (Camera menu, page 4, Flash), or via the Q menu?
  • Hi,

just got the V6 and RF60, trying to get it to work on the GX7.

Without any configuration the V6 will trigger the RF60 from the camera remotely, so far so good.

Unfortunately I can't control the RF60 (which would be the whole point...) - the settings on the V6 don't get carried over to the RF60  as long as the V6 is in the hotshoe. Once I take it off it works just fine.

Any ideas? Which profile do I have to assign (there is no "RF60")? Any other setup I'm missing?

Thanks,
    Frank.
    Had this same problem (flash fired from transmit unit's button, but not from gx7's shutter).  You need to have the GX7 using the mechanical shutter (electronic shutter off).  that should do it!