Pentax AF201FG

edited November 2017 in V6 II Compatibility
Hi,
i have the Cactus upgraded to the newest Version to work with Pentax TTL. All works fine with my Pentax flashes 360 and 540 and even the cactus P60x... I now tried to use my little Pentax fgz 210
on the Camera body on top of the v6ii which I use as a transmitte. I enabled TTL pass thorugh. But the FGZ 210 isnt flashing. Aalso tried to set everything to manual but the FGZ 210 isnt flashing. If I use the test button on the v6ii the fgz does flash. Also putting the 360 or the 540 on top everything works. just the fgz 210 isnt. Strange enough if I put the fgz210 on an v6ii which I use as an receiver it works...Any help is highly welcome.

best

Peter

Comments

• Hi Peter,

I am sure you have already set the flash mode to TTL?

When it worked (firing a flash and in sync with image) mounted on a V6 II set to RX mode, what was the mode set on the TX? Was the flash firing in TTL mode or manual power control?

Also, I could find a picture of your "FGZ 210"

I only saw a Pentax AF-240FT.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio,
    my  apologies. I messed up the name of the flash. it is a Pentax AF201FG.
    You can find a picture here: http://shop-de.ricoh-imaging.eu/af-201-fg.html
    When I mounted the flasch on the TX I tested both modes TTL and manual. both on the cactus as well as the flash...
    both by the way worked when installed on the RX cactus...
    I also tried the SIgma ring flash for püentax (EM 140) on the TX cactus and strange enough this one worked as the FGZ 360 and FGZ 540 did. So only the AF 201FG seems to make problems (or I am to stupid to handle it correctly).

thanks
    Peter
  • Thanks Peter for the image.

I am not sure if "AUTO" = the typical "P-TTL". So it working on a RX doesn't necessary mean it would on a TX.  We will need one to test to find out. I will check with Ricoh Pentax Hong Kong and see if they have one on hand.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi, thanks for the feedback. The german description states that it is PTTL indeed.... Keep Fingrs crossed Pentax Hong Kong can contribute ;-)
  • Yeah, fingers crossed needed as Pentax flash system is a bit tricky.

I will keep you posted.

In the meantime you can use the AF201FG as an off-camera flash.

Thank you for your patience during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• For what it is worth, I am having same problem.  The TTL pass-through works with my Pentax AF540FGZ II, but not the AF201FG. I have installed the V6II 1.1.013 firmware.
    Ralph
  • Hi Ralph, 

Thank you for reporting your experience. 

I will report to R&D and see if management give us a green light in sourcing an AF201FG. 

Hopefully I have good news soon...

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• hi,
    by chance any update on this ?

thanks

Peter
  • Sorry but we are unable to source one to test. 

Our local Pentax distributor does not have one either it seems as they did not give me a confirmation nor is the flash found on their website.  

Maybe it's not even available in Hong Kong because I have seen people sold one in second hand market and they bought it from the States.

If anyone of you don't mind sending one to us we are up for it and will send it back to you with friendly gestures.

Thank you!!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager